Ch. 12: I Won't Say I'm In Love

Ashley's P.O.V

As we reached the school's campus I began to feel eyes on me. I looked around to double check if it was just me and my conscious, but it wasn't. Other girls who obviously had a thing for Diego were looking at me dirty, I technically felt threatened. They took in the view of me and Diego's entwined fingers and would simply roll their eyes, cussing under their breath. Diego in the other hand seemed to find it rather amusing and would chuckle, as I tried to hide my face in between his arm in which our fingers were locked together. 

"Did you know it's my sisters birthday tomorrow?" Diego asked, quickly distracting me from the glaring girls. 

"What? No! No one said anything!" I gasped. "How old is she going to be?"

"17."

"17? How is she a senior if she's barely going to be 17! We're all going into 18!" I said confused.

"I know. You see, Donna was so smart in elementary that she skipped a year, that made her catch up to me. She's the smartest one in the family, and I'm proud of her."

"That's crazy! Are your parents going to do anything for her tomorrow?" I asked.

"Actually, they wanted us to give her a surprise party, which we haven't planned."

"WHAT! Diego! Her birthday is TOMORROW!!" I yell. 

"I know! It's settled though...sorta? Toni wanted to talk to you about it. You know, to help with ideas and whatnot."

"I'd love to help!" I said smiling as we stood in the hallways.

"Great, Donna is going to-"

"HI DIEGO!!!" A female voice said, cutting Diego off from whatever he was going to say.

Diego turned around, keeping me close by him, as we watched a pretty blonde girl approach us. 

"Crap." Diego mumbled under his breath. He gripped my hand tighter in his. I glanced up at him questionably as he turned to look at me, giving me a small smirk, before the blondie fully approached us, causing us to look back at her again.

"Hey baby." She said through giggles and shoots him a small wink. "Remember last month."

Her words pierced through my body, anger building up inside of me. Last month? What happened last month? My eyes took in her appearance: heavy makeup plastered all over her face, tight pink skirt that practically reaches below her bum, and a super tight shirt that shows enough cleavage to notice she isn't wearing a bra.

Her sight disgusted me. Although I recognized her from somewhere, I just couldn't put my finger down to where I've seen her. I frowned as one of her hands playfully rested on Diego's chest, and the other slipping down his waist, 'unconsciously' pushing her breasts out. If looks could kill, she'd be dead by now. I couldn't explain the feelings rushing inside of me, but one thing is for sure, I wanted to remove her filthy hands away from Diego, actually I wanted scratch her on that powdered face of hers and yank her hair out. 

"Hi Lori." Diego spat out almost painfully.

I let out a small gasp as I saw her fully wrap her arms around Diego's waist, her body pressing onto his tightly. Her unnecessary touch was seriously irritating me, and the fact that she's acting as if I don't exist makes me want spray some holy water on her. My eyes darted up to Diego's who was obviously  wincing from her presence and it didn't take a genius to tell he didn't want her around. If anything he had a slight hint of worry in his eyes. 

"You haven't talked to me since that night. Why?" She said, pouting her bottom lip, trying to look cute.

Bitch please.