Ch. 27: Say Something

Diego's P.O.V

"WE'VE LOST HER! AED NOW!!" I heard a nurse yell, causing a swarm of doctors and people in scrubs rushing over taking her into another room along with some other machine that passes electricity, and I knew exactly what that was for. When someone's heart stops.

Have you ever felt as if your heart has ever dropped? When you just space out and can't focus? And all you hear and feel is the side of your brain thumping. Well that's how I'm feeling right now. My entire body just shook with an uneasy feeling flowing everywhere. My knees grew weak and it's as if time stopped because honestly my vision blurred. Couple seconds later I collapsed on the floor and heard someone call my name.

"Diego."

I heard my name being said a repetitive amount of times, but it went through one ear and escaped through the other.

"Diego." I heard Zayn and Danny say as they stood next to me, looking at me with worry.

"What happened?" Zayn asked.

"Where is she?" Danny asked.

My mind finally began to function and I shrugged.

"She's trying, my baby is trying, yet she ain't making it. She's not making it. " I said, and while I said it, tears began to pour down my cheeks.

Zayn's eyes grew in shock, tears beginning to form in his eyes, while Danny stood their in shock. I never cry, and for me to cry in front of my boys, that's how you know something is wrong. A saw a nurse pass by in a rush, yet Danny moved from his senses and grabbed the nurses arm gently.

"Nurse. What can you tell me about the patient who just came in?" He asked.

"Ashley Aguilera?"

"Yes. Please. Tell us anything. "

"Not too good sir. We are currently trying to get her heart working again. It stopped abruptly. The doctors are in there with the AED trying their best. I'm so sorry. "She informed and walked away.

"Zayn. This is all my fault. " I said, as I looked up at Zayn who looked lost.

"No it's not. You rescued her from Dylan didn't you. Who knows what he could have done. "

"And what's the point when she's in there dying huh? I wasn't there for her when she needed me. "

Zayn stayed quite. He knew I was right. I know I was right. She didn't deserve any of this.

"She'll forgive you. " Danny interupted.

"No she wont. I was an idiot. " I said as I stood up.

"She will. She loves you. But you are an idiot. No doubt. " Zayn said with a sincere look.

Suddenly the entire gang rushed in the waiting room with us.

"How's my sister?!" Daphne said as she cried in Johnny's arms.

"Where's Donna?" I heard Bettie ask.

"Is she alright?" Marilyn jumped in.

"How did this happen?" Bonnie asked.

More and more questions were asked, but I let my boys handle it. I wasn't in the mood to answer nor talk to anyone. Until something caught my eye. A familiar face with blonde hair. A Soc. Russell. His eyes quickly met mine and he began walking towards me. What the hell is he doing here. This aint his turf. I pushed past the gang who watched my every move as I walked towards Russell grabbing him by his flannel and pinning him to the wall.

"The hell you doing here Soc? You got no damn business here. " I glared at him.

"Diego. I'm not here to fight. Nor to cause any harm. I'm here to see my girlfriend. " He said calmly.