Ch. 22: Stay

Ashley's P.O.V

I ran towards Diego and Ryan as fast as I could, my eyes never leaving the switchblade. I heard Zayn call after me, but I ignored him. I wasn't going to just stand there in the distance and not do anything about it. I couldn't, nor was I going to let Diego be in danger because of Ryan's stubborness.

"RYAN! STOP! NO!" I yelled, as I ran up to him, cupping the switchblade in his hands with my small little ones.

"Please don't. " I murmured as I looked into his blue-green eyes.

"Come with me then. " Ryan said, along with a smirk.

"Ok! I will! I'll go with you!" I exclaimed.

"WHAT?!" I heard Diego yell, snatching me away from Ryan.

"Diego, I have to go with him. " I stated, trying not to mention what I saw.

"Don't do this. " He whined as his forehead touched mine.

"I love you." I quickly said, as I gave him a quick peck on the lips, loosening myself from his grip.

"Let's go babe. " Ryan said cheerfully, as he extended his hand out to me.

I walked past him grouchily, flinching away from his hand as I turned back to give Diego one last look, who was completely speechless. He looked hurt, but this one was for him. To keep him alive.

"Where are we going?" I snapped at Ryan once he had caught up to me.

"You'll see. " He grinned.

Well that was the response I had been looking for. As we walked he led me to a staircase behind the school that had a fire exit.

"Wait....we're leaving the school?" I asked.

He turned to look at me with a 'duh' look.

"But we're gonna get in trouble." I stated, as I tried to find a way out of this.

"Only if we get caught." He smirked as he pushed the door open slowly. Next thing you know we were out of the gates and in his black intimidating mustang. I hated this. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I would never ditch in my life, except if it were Diego. Thats different though.

"What about our other classes?!" I asked as he turned the ignition on his car, the mustang jolting forward.

"What about them?" He asked nonchalantly.

"People are going to notice we're gone! As in our teachers! And we're going to miss out in our homework and stuff!"

"Relax! Who cares about that. Dang, just live a little. " He muttered.

"Well excuse me!" I mumbled annoyingly.

"You're excused. " He smirked.

I turned to look at him, giving him the evil eye.

"I'm joking!" He laughed, as he continued driving down the streets.

I rolled my eyes, as I turned my body away from him, looking out the window. After a long silent ride, I noticed Ryan turn a left towards a forest, nothing but trees sorrounding us now. The path he took was a muddy trial, and I began to wonder where we were going. We came to a halt, and I quickly swung the car door open, wishing to get away. I stepped out, as I heard all the voices of nature humming in my ear. The songs of birds, the wind, the trees.....nature.

"Beautiful aint it?" Ryan asked.

I nodded.

"You haven't seen anything yet. C'mon. " He said, as he quickly yanked my hand, leading me into the forest.