Ch. 8: "The Girl Is Mine"

Ashley's P.O.V

I quietly began to step back, trying my best not to be noticed, but was unsuccessful when I bumped into the kitchen chair causing it to make a loud noise, which caught Donna's and Russel's attention. I stood their in silence. Fuck, I'm screwed. 

"Ashley!?" Donna whispered.

"Um-uh- Hi?" I stutter out nervously. 

Russell just looks at me with shock evident in his features knowing that their little secret isn't so secret anymore.

"Russell you should leave, I need to talk with Ashley." Donna whispers. 

"Ok babe. You get some rest now." he said before giving Donna a quick kiss on the lips, and then he left through the back door. 

Donna turned to look at me and stepped closer to me.

"Ashley, what are you doing up at 3am?" She questions. 

"I was thirsty!" I point out. "So I came down for a cup of water."

"Oh? Well what you saw-" 

I cut her off.

"What I saw is that you and Russell are secretly going out, a Soc and a Grease. Donna it's ok. My lips are sealed, you have my word. I won't tell anyone. " I said with a smile.

"Seriously, you won't say anything?" She gasps in amusement. 

"No! Why would I? But does your brother know?" I question. 

"NOOO! He can't know. If he knows I'm going out with Ryan's best friend, he'll kill me!"

"True, but he'd beat Russell to pulp first. Does anyone else know?"

"Just Toni. I can trust her with anything."

"You can trust me with anything too, alright Donna." I smile. 

"Thank you." She grins. "Literally. Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me." I chuckle. "So, since when?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows in the process. 

"I've been with Russell since junior year. It's been hard keeping it secret and all, but we make it work."

"That's so sweet! That explains why he was staring at you in sixth period and why you were all nervous and such, so homework huh?" I said cocking my eyebrows.

"Oh shut up and get your water."

I giggled as I grabbed my cup of water and drank it quickly. Goodness I was quenched.  

"Ashley?"

"Yea?"

"You can trust me with anything also. Got it."

"Yes Donna!" I laugh, sticking my tongue out at her. 

"So, since you can trust me with ANYTHING, how was your night with my brother?" Donna said cockily.

My eyes widened in shock.  

"NOTHING HAPPENED! We just so happened to have shared the same bed!" I blush. 

"Uh huh." Donna said, while raising an eyebrow. "So you guys didn't have sex, is what you're saying?"

"You know what, I'm going back to sleep!" 

"With my brother?"

I turned back and gave her a playful death glare that made her giggle, as we headed to our separate rooms again.  

I quietly closed the door behind me and saw Diego sleeping the way I had left him before getting up to get a glass of water. He looked so adorable sleeping, like a little angel. I quickly tip-toed to the bed and layed myself next to him pulling the covers over my body, trying not to wake Diego, when suddenly I felt his arms wrap around my waist again pulling me in towards his body. I felt his minty breath tickle my ear, as his light snores enveloped the room and I let my eyelids fall into a deep wonderful sleep.