Ch. 55: Drag Me Down

Diego's P.O.V

Do you know that feeling when you've ran so much it feels like your lungs are squeezing in together and your chest is caving in itself? Well that's exactly how I felt the moment those words slipped out of Ryan's mouth. My whole entire body just felt like collapsing within itself in the inside, and to be honest I felt like I couldn't breathe right now.

"How would you feel if I told you Ashley is pregnant with my child." Ryan chimes.

My eyes leave Ashley's instantly, and I look at Ryan in fear, the fear I have always held when I knew Ryan had also laid eyes on her. No. No. No. I'm having a nightmare. What I have feared most can't be coming true.

"You heard me." Ryan chuckles. "She's pregnant with my baby."

This can't be real. This isn't true. Ashley can't be pregnant whatsoever, especially not by Ryan. She hates him.

"You're lying." I hiss. "Ashley hates your guts. She would have nothing to deal with you. Plus I'm pretty sure I'd notice if my girl was pregnant."

"Diego, let's go." Zayn whispers as he tugs on my shoulder.

"NO ZAYN!" I yell. "Not until this piece of shit takes back what he said!"

Ryan laughs, shaking his head back and forth, as he puts his hand over his mouth to cover his sickling laugh.

"Oh Diego. You know, I really feel sorry for you." Ryan chuckles, and that was all it took for me to reach forward and grab him by the collar of his shirt.

"Motherfucker!" I yell. "How dare you say such a lie! Ashley is not pregnant!"

Suddenly I hear loud sobs, causing my head to turn to find Ashley crouched on the floor with tears staining her cheeks, as her small hands run desperately through her hair. Danny holding her gently, trying to calm her shaken body.

"If you don't believe me, why don't you ask her yourself?" Ryan offers. "You've been played all along Diego. All this time that you thought she actually fucking loved you, she loved me."

"That's not true." I growl. "I know she loves me dick face."

"Ask her." Ryan whispers.

I glare at Ryan menacingly before pushing Ryan aside, my knuckles curled up tight, and I swear it took up a lot of courage not to beat the living shit out of him right then and there. I turn around to find most of the entire student body circling around us, eyeing us with amusement, but I ignore their presence and walk my distance towards Ashley.

My anger gets the best of me as I reach to grab her arm and I yank her up, standing her up as my body hovers over her small frame.

"Diego, calm down. Don't let your anger blind you. Don't hurt her." Danny says, loud enough for me to hear, as he stands up quickly, standing a few feet away from me.

"I would never hurt her Danny. Not again. I just need answers." I glare, as my eyes look down to meet Ashley's brown orbs.

"Ashley, I am going to ask you a question and I need you to be very honest with me." I hiss, as I feel my eyes beginning to water, as if sensing what was to come.

She nods weakly, sniffling as a tear runs down her left cheek, her head turning away from me, to hide what must be her guilt.

"Look at me Ashley. Look me in the eye right now." I whisper, as I use my hand that wasn't holding on to her arm, to lightly grab her chin and turn her to face me.

"Are you pregnant?" I question slowly.

Silence. She looks at me with fear, taking deep breathes, as I feel her breathe fan out and gives my skin chills. Her bottom lip begins to tremble as her eyes avert elsewhere but mine.