Ch. 5: Two Worlds

Bettie's P.O.V

"What do you mean?" Toni asks.

"Just look at her. Do you honestly think she's done anything close to what we've done?"

"Yes, no, maybe, I don't know! But she's different, very different than any of us, in a good way of course."

"Exactly. She's not one of us. For all I know she can be a Soc with all her innocence."

"But she's not a Soc Bettie."

"She seems more like she can be a Soc or a Greaser, yup, half Soc and half Grease. She's got it in her." Marilyn said.

I glare at the girls and am baffled at the stupidity that comes out of their mouths. I couldn't believe this. They actually accepted her. They liked her. 

Ashley's P.O.V

"That's Bettie."

"Oh!" I whispered.

So that's Bettie. The Black Widows leader. My leader I guess, since I'm a Widow now. I took the time to study her, and well just like the rest of the girls she was totally gorgeous and looked like a total badass. She wore her "Black Widows" leather jacket covering up her shirt with white skinny's and black high heels. To add to her style she had a red bandana wrapped around her wrist. To be honest, she looked very intimidating and the slight frown that decorated her face as she eyed me from the distance didn't make it any better.  

"Hi Bettie! It's nice to meet you considering you are the leader of the Widows!" I smile at her, after finding the courage to do so. 

Bettie, at the sound of her name flicks her eyes back at me, and if I'm not mistaken she even glares at me.

"Hey. Wish I can say the same, new girl."

The way she said it, with such attitude and authority takes me a bit off guard. She seemed nice, but I guess her character was quite the special one. I remain speechless, clearly since I'm not to sure how to respond to something like that. 

"She has a name you know. It's Ashley." I heard Diego snap at her.

"Riggghhhhhttt.......Ashley."

There was an awkward silence, no one knowing what to say next until finally Diego broke the silence

"C'mon Ashley. I'll show you around school."

"Ok!" I said, quickly getting up and tried my best to avoid Bettie's penetrating glare. 

I followed Diego, not knowing where he was leading me to, but wherever we were heading in school, we were getting away from the gang and that was all I needed, because once we did I felt a sense of relief and the air become much more lighter and breathable for my lungs. 

"Just ignore Bettie. Don't let her get to you, she's not much of a charmer."

"I can tell." I huff.