Ch. 53: One Last Time

Ashley's P.O.V

I wasn't to sure on how to feel about all the new information I had just heard. In fact my brain was still trying to process Diego's words. An older sibling. Can you believe that? Diego had an older brother named River, and I never knew about him until now. 

I admire Diego's courage right now. I always have actually. But the fact that he opened up and confessed to me one of his deepest and darkest secrets simply showed me another side of Diego I had never seen. I always knew there was much more to him than what people saw, but now I see it even more. Behind all that hot sexy greek god Adonis, and that tough bad boy act with quite the gentleman manners, there's a vulnerable little boy only mourning for the loss of his older brother. The loss of his best man, his best friend, and his role model. 

I now see the history of how he became who he is now. I now see why he is so envied yet so loved by many. I see why he holds up the position of his leadership so high and is so respected...it was all for River.

A small smile creeps upon my lips as I imagine Diego so young and little messing around with an older version of him. A cute laughter leaving his mouth as River probably teaches him how to play baseball on the front lawn, as a baby Donna watches from the porch with a coloring book in hand. A perfect family. 

Of course the news also brings me to think of Ryan. A cute little blonde boy with giant blue eyes, having a heart of gold. Innocent, kind, vulnerable and not a hint of madness within him. But unfortunately I now know why he grows with such hatred and revenge. All because of this ungraceful tragedy that struck both families causing everything to break apart. 

Life is a bit cruel sometimes, don't you think? And it only makes you think hard. Sometimes we tend not to appreciate the people around us. We tend to not care about spending time with certain loved ones or friends, not appreciating nor being thankful with the time we have with them. But when tragedy strikes, at times we never even have a chance to ever say goodbye because we never know when death well take us. We can be fine one second, but the next we can be long gone. I now realize it's important to notice these little things because if not, we grow bitterness within ourselves never letting that person go, as we regret every single second of not spending time with who we love. Just like Diego and Ryan. Two boys who were once best friends and are now nemesis. 

"Ashley."

"Yeah?"

"I love you." Diego says, as he leans down to give me a kiss on my lips.

"I love you too." I smile. 

A huge grin spreads on his adorable face as the words leave my lips. 

"Thank you for listening. It feels so good to finally get that off my chest."

"Anytime."

A comfortable silence falls in between us as we continue walking on the shore. The wet sand crawling in between my toes from how moist it was. The beach waves roaring even louder sounding much more dangerous now that the sun had set. 

"Let's get you home. It's getting chilly out here and I don't want you getting a cold." He says, as he wraps his arm around me, pulling me in closer towards his body.

"Diego, I'd like to stay over at your place. I want to be around you a bit longer, if you don't mind." I blush.

"Ashley, of course I don't mind! Do you not realize how happy that makes me baby?" He chuckles, as he suddenly hoists me up gently to spin me around in the air, causing a heat of laughter between us. 

"Then what are we waiting for lover boy? C'mon!" 

-

Diego pulls up on his driveway after enjoying a simple conversation on the way back home. In fact, I felt like the ride home went by too fast. If only I can slow down time a bit, I'd extend this moment even longer. I watch as Diego pulls the keys out of the ignition, carefully clutching on to them, letting out a small sigh yet he doesn't budge from his seat. He just sits there as do I, staring at his litted house. 

Falling For A Grease (Diego Boneta & Ariana Grande Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें