Prologue

I walked into the apartment I shared with my sister, Claire when I heard yelling from the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks, not wanting to walk awkwardly into a fight. I couldn't go to my bedroom because I had to walk past the living room and I did not want to do that. So I just stood in the hallway hoping the fight would be over soon.

"You know what, Luke? I don't care, just go and practise with your stupid band because they're so much more important than your own girlfriend!". 

I sighed, already knowing Claire and her boyfriend, Luke was having a rough fight once again.

Luke was the perfect boyfriend, always there for Claire, but Claire didn't really care about Luke at all. She always made Luke do things for her and she never, ever did anything back. Claire just wanted to be with Luke because she thought he was hot and he was in a band. I found that stupid, because Luke was so much more.

We hadn't really talked to each other, but I knew he was kind hearted, caring and smart and I kind of wished we would have talked more. We went to the same school, same classes actually too. He knew about me, but we never really talked, except a small hello whenever he came into the apartment.

I heard Luke sigh loudly. 

"You know it's not like that, you know that the band is important and we're actually doing great right now. I wouldn't leave for band practise if it wasn't important." He told my sister, but I already knew he had lost the argument. 

Claire was stubborn and only cared about herself. She probably didn't even care if he went to band practise, she just wanted him to feel guilty. It sucked, because Luke deserved better than that.

"Whatever, Luke. I'm too angry to talk to you right now. Just leave and come back when you're ready to apologise." Claire snapped. 

I wanted to roll my eyes at how bitcy Claire was being. Why did she have to be so cruel to Luke? He was her boyfriend. 

"Yeah, I'll come by later to talk okay? Love you Claire." I heard him mumble and my heart shattered, making me feel so bad for this poor guy. Claire didn't even say that she loved him back.

I heard footsteps come into the hall and I was nervous. I ran to the door, pretending like I just came into the apartment before Luke came. He didn't notice me as he put on his usual black vans. Claire always complained about those worn out vans, but I liked them. I wore the same black vans.

After some seconds, he noticed me and I saw how tired he was. His hair was in a mess and his eyes tired, but he still looked handsome. The blonde hair was in a usual quiff, but a bit more messy probably because Luke had been tugging at it when he was frustrated, I noticed he did that some times. He wore his usual black jeans, black t-shirt and a red flannel. Claire told him he wore too much black and she didn't like it, but I liked his style. I was happy that he didn't change his own style.

"Uhm hey..." he mumbled awkwardly, motioning me to tell him my name. I sighed, already knowing he didn't know my name, but I still felt disappointed. 

"Victoria," I whispered. His blue eyes locked with my own blue ones and I felt my heart beat faster than usual. He always made me feel this way, nervous and everything.

"Oh yeah, you're in my classes right?" he asked. I nodded my head. This was the longest conversation we had ever had. 

"Well sorry if you heard the noise in there." He mumbled and I saw how hurt he was. I gave him a sympathic smile, I knew he didn't want anyone to hear their fights.

 "I didn't hear anything, I just came into the apartment." I lied. He sighed in relief, nodding. 

"Oh, well I have to go now, so uhm bye." He mumbled, giving me a small smile before he walked past me.