39

Time went fast, faster than I had expected. It was weird to think that Luke wasn't anything more than a memory to me now. It was weird to think that I wasn't attending high school anymore, but I was actually attending college. Everything seemed like it had changed, except that Harry was still by my side. He ended up at the same college as me and instead of owning a dorm, we decided to share an apartment together. A very cool one may I add. It wasn't a huge one, but we loved it. 

I didn't speak to Claire or my family at all anymore, except my grandmother who was always talking about Luke for some weird reason. I didn't want to talk about him, I told myself that I was over him, but I knew I wasn't. I had tried so many times to forget him, I went to dates but I always had to compare them to Luke and they could never compare to him. I hated it, I also felt like I was cheating on him for some weird reason when I went to those dates.

As to my other friends, Sam and Mia, they were still my friends, but they didn't go to the same college so I didn't talk so much to them unfortunately. Calum, Ashton and Michael still called and skyped me whenever they had time which was nice. Never did Luke try to contact me after out break up and never did I try to contact him. 

It did seem like he had moved on though, every time I looked in magazines or news, they were always talking about Luke and some new girl. I tried telling myself and Harry I didn't care, but I did and Harry knew that too. 

"You know, they're coming back for some months?" Harry asked me as I was trying to turn to another side of the magazine I was reading to avoid Luke drama. I just sighed, running a hand trough my hair. "Yeah, talked to Calum. He wants to meet up." I mumbled, avoiding Harry's eyes, but Harry was too stubborn so he sat down beside me and grabbed the magazine from my hand and forced me to lock eyes with him. 

"How do you feel about that?" he asked. I just pretended like I didn't understand that he meant how I felt about the thought that Luke would come back in the town I lived in for months and I would maybe have to face him one day. "What do you mean? Should I feel anything about that?" I asked. Harry rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't bullshit me, Vic.". I sighed, shrugging. 
"I'm scared that maybe we pass each other on the streat or that I see him when I'm hanging out with Calum, Michael or Ashton. I'm not ready to see him. I know it's been almost a year, Harry. But I'm still hurt about the whole thing and the worst part is that he actually hooked up with a girl a day after our break up." I whispered.

Harry nodded. "I know you're scared, I understand that you feel the way you do. But who cares if he's back in town? You don't have to meet him, maybe you won't even see him. I mean it is a big town we live in after all.". I bit my lip, knowing he was right. "Yeah, maybe I won't even see him? I mean what are the odds that I meet him of all people?" I asked. Harry smirked. "And if you end up seeing him, just call me and I'll kick his fucking ass once again.". I couldn't help but roll my eyes and let out a small laugh.

 "The worst part is that I actually believe you. I mean you did kick his ass that time where we thought he cheated on me with Claire." I stated, thinking back. Harry chuckled. "And I wouldn't mind doing it again.". "He'll probably sue me though, you know he's a big star now and juding by how people are talking about him, he's a prick." Harry stated. I shrugged, hoping he wasn't the prick media said he was. I couldn't think that Luke could be a selfish bastard that only used his fame to hook up with girls, it couldn't be true. He would never be like that.

"I have to go work now though." Harry sighed. He was working at mc donalds to get some money while I was working at some coffehouse. We needed the money, attending college and owning an apartment wasn't free. "Yeah, have fun." I smiled, knowing he would roll his eyes while he mumbled that the only good thing about his job was getting free burgers at the end of the day.