37

*four weeks later*

"Hi, Luke it's me. I miss you, please call me back when you're not busy." 

______________
"Luke, how are you doing? How's it like on tour? I'm proud of you, please call me back soon. Love you"
______________

"Luke, it's three am and I fucking miss you so much. This is difficult. I saw you on the news today, you seemed happy though and I'm happy for that. Call me? 

______________
"I got an A on my math exam, you were the first one I wanted to call! I miss you, but you probably know that after all the voicemails."

______________
"You haven't called me back for weeks. I know you're busy, but this is getting stupid. Do you even hear the voicemails? I even talked to Calum today, he doesn't know why you're not answering my calls either. Are you avoiding me? Is it something I've done? Please call me back."

_____________
"Fuck you, Luke."

*
"Vic! You've been in your room for weeks now. Stop moping around, Luke isn't worth it." Harry stated, laying down beside me. I frowned, hating what he said because I felt like Luke was worth so much. It was two days until summer vacation came and I had been applying for a tons of colleges, hoping I would get in to my first wish, it was a couple of hours away from here, but not too far.

"I'm tired." I lied even though the clock was four pm on a Sunday and I had been sleeping almost the whole day. "Vic. Come on, don't put yourself trough this. It's soon summer and you're done with school." Harry stated. I just bit my lip, trying not to cry because I had been crying awfully lot lately because of Luke. I hadn't talked to him since the day he left. He sent me a quick text and told me he was in L.A, but never answered my calls or texts after that. 

"Why is he ignoring me?" I whispered, my voice cracking at the end. "Because he's a fucking dick. I want to say that maybe he's just busy, but you've been talking to the other boys." Harry sighed, running a hand trough his dark hair. I let out a shaky breath, hating that I couldn't stop myself from crying whenever I thought about Luke.

"Hey, don't cry." Harry whispered, pulling me into his chest. I tried stopping the sobs from escaping my mouth, but it was impossible. "I just don't understand what I have done." I mumbled. Harry pulled away from me and cupped my face. "You have done nothing wrong. It's all his fault, not your's Vic. You know what? Screw him, let's do something so we can stop thinking about him." Harry said. I frowned, not sure if I was in mood to do anything else than listen to sad music and lay in bed all day.

"I don't know." I whispered, but Harry rolled his eyes, taking my hand before dragging me up. I groaned. I was wearing some sweatpants and a t-shirt that Luke had forgotten here. It still smelled like him.

"Come on, we don't have to go to a party, but I miss my best friend okay? Can't we just hang out?" he asked, pouting at me. I bit my lip, knowing I should go out with him and do something else than think about Luke and feel sorry for myself. "You're right. Okay, I'll go change and then we can do something." I mumbled, trying to smile, but wasn't really doing a good job. It seemed that Harry was happy to hear me actually say yes though, so that was nice. 

I went to my closet, finding some black skinny jeans and a hoodie that was also Luke's. I sighed, deciding to wear it seeing as it was still cold outside. I walked into the bathroom, changing quickly. I was in no mood to wear make up or even look at myself in the mirror, so I put my hair in a messy bun and walked out of the bathroom, staring at Harry. "You ready?" Harry asked, pulling me with him out of the apartment before I could even answer him. 

Harry and I ended up just walking around the place where we had been during the past few years. We went to eat in a small diner, we went to the park to just talk and have fun and then walked to the beach. It was nice because it was soon going to be sunset and I remember how Harry and I always loved watching the sunset.

We were both holding a cup of hot chocolate as we sat down in the sand. I sighed, leaning my head on his shoudler. "It's been a long time since we were on this beach." he stated, taking a sip from the warm drink. I smiled, thinking of the many converstations we had had here about everything. Harry was my best friend, I loved him so much and was very lucky to have him in my life. 

"I know. I'm glad we went here today. I needed it." I said. Harry smiled, staring out ahead of him just like I did too, watching as pink and orange colored the sky. It was very beautiful and I decided to take a picture of it. If I had talked to Luke, I would probably send it to him to tell him he should be here, but seeing as he had ignored every one of my calls and messages for four weeks, it didn't seem like a good idea so I just put my phone back and admired the view.

"You remember how we would come here all the time before and some times fall asleep because we ended up talking to night time?" Harry giggled, nudging my shoulder. "I remember, do you remember how we jumped off that cliff every summer?" I asked, pointing to the cliff on my right. Harry nodded, smiling widely. "I do, but the best parts were when we ended up camping here and grilling marshmallows you know? That was good times." Harry stated. 

I was about to say something when my phone started buzzing. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I pulled it out only to see "Luke" written with big letters. My eyes widened as I showed it to Harry who looked just as shocked. "What are you waiting for? Answer that damn phone and yell at him for being a fucking asshole for not answering you for four weeks." he smirked. I smiled, taking the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, hearing a loud of noise in the background. I could hear music and people yelling. "Vic! Oh my god it's you!" Luke squealed, his voice very slurry. I frowned, not sure why he would call me when he was drunk. "Yeah." I mumbled, looking down at the sand. "I don't know where I am." he giggled, sounding not only drunk, but completely wasted. "Where are the rest of your band, then?" I asked. He giggled even more. "I don't know! I was invited to this party by a girl and I don't think she invited the rest.". I bit my lip, not sure how to feel about this situation.

I had missed his voice, missed talking to him, but I didn't know if I liked that he called me when he was drunk after avoiding me for weeks. "A girl? Where's that girl then? Can't you ask her where you are and call Calum to pick you up?". "I uhm.. Don't think I want to talk to that girl. She tried kissing me." he slurred. I bit my lip, not wanting to think about that. "S-she did? What did you do then?" I stuttered out. Luke giggled. "I told her I had a girlfriend, dummy! But she got mad and told me that I should forget about you, but I told her to back off.". I let out a sigh of relief, but was still kind of sad at the fact that the first time I talked to him for weeks were when he was drunk. 

"I'm feeling kind of bad. I feel like I have to throw up." Luke groaned. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. "Luke, I'll call Calum and tell him he has to find you, okay? Just don't do anything stupid-" I said, but got interrupted by him hanging up on me. I frowned, not sure what to think of that. 

"What was that?" Harry asked. I ignored him as I called Calum who answered at the first ring. I begged him to go find Luke because he was wasted and Calum told me he would do just that. After I talked with him, I sighed loudly, looking at Harry with a sad smile. "The first time he calls me for weeks and he's fucking wasted." I laughed bitterly, not believing it. I imagined that he would call me, tell me he missed me and loved me, apologize for not calling me and having a very good reason for ignoring my calls, but he just called me drunk instead, telling me about a girl who tried to kiss him? I couldn't believe it. Harry sighed, wrapping his arms around me as I let out another sigh. "Screw him. He's such an asshole." Harry mumbled, leaning his head on my own. I just closed my eyes, getting tired of feeling like I didn't matter enough for Luke. It sucked honestly to feel this way and I didn't know what to do about it. 

"You call him up tomorrow until he answers and then you yell at him. You let him know he has been a fucking asshole and he has to step up his game because you're worth so much more than ignorance and then a drunk call four weeks later." Harry ordered, cupping my face. I let out a small sob, knowing I had to do what he told me. I nodded at him and Harry smiled sadly at me. "Now come on, let's buy tons of ice cream and watch how I met your mother until we fall asleep.". I smiled, happy that Harry knew how to make me feel better.