19

It was snowing outside. Not just a litte, it was a lot of snow and that meant one thing. Winter was coming, Christmas was coming. I never really liked snow, it was cold and ended up as ice and I always fell on the ice. 

I didn't like christmas either, but that was because I would have to celebrate it with Claire and my parents. My parents had always liked Claire better and I didn't get along with my parents very well. Hell, I didn't even get along with Claire and I would have to sit in a car with her for four hours? I kind of wanted to just ditch the whole thing. It was one week, maybe I could just say that I felt sick or something? I mean they wouldn't miss me..

It was five in the afternoon when the door to the apartment opened and Harry, Ashton, Michael, Sam, Mia, Calum and Luke walked in with huge grins on their faces. I raised an eyebrow at them, but I continued eating my ice cream. Luke walked straight over to me and grabbed the spoon from me so he could take a bite from my ice cream. "Hey!" I pouted. He just winked at me.

"So how was recording?" I asked Luke when he sat down beside me. He and the others had been to the record studio a couple of times now and they were really excited for making a CD. "Was alright, missed you though." he chuckled. "Smooth, Hemmings." I winked and he pecked my cheek. "Always.". 

It had been two weeks since Luke and I went to the 'breakfast date' by the park and I think we were moving forward. I mean we hadn't gone to any other dates, but I wasn't pushing it. I liked taking it slow, but I was hoping Luke would soon make a move and ask me on another date or something. Luke put his hand on my thigh and I put my hand over his and intertwined our fingers, feeling the tingling feeling in my stomach again.

 "So, we have an idea." Calum began and grabbed my ice cream too. I rolled my eyes at him and he smirked. "We wanted to do that secret santa thing.". "That sounds fun." I grinned and the others nodded. "So that's why we're here. All our names are in this box and you have to take one of the papers and you'll have to buy something to the name on the paper. Do not tell anybody who you got, okay?" Calum explained to us and we nodded as he found a box.

He walked over to Sam first who smiled at the paper and then he moved on to the others. When Luke had taken one, it was my turn and I got Harry. That was easy. "And we'll guess who got us the day we give our presents. Since people are travelling we could do it right after christmas or something?" Calum asked and we nodded.

After hanging out with our friends for a bit, Luke and I was alone and he was smiling down at me. "Let's do something." he grinned and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Do something?" I asked. He nodded his head and grabbed my hand before I could even say anything. "We're going out!" he giggled. I groaned ."I don't like snow!".

 Luke stared at me with wide eyes and shook his head. "You don't like snow!" he yelled suprised as he pulled on his jacket. "No! It's cold and it turns to ice and I always trip on ice and I just don't like it!" I whined. He handed me my own jacket and I sighed as Luke stared at me like I was crazy."Victoria, I'm very disappointed in you." I just rolled my eyes playfully.

We were just walking outside in the snow and I hated it, but Luke made it better by holding me close to him so I could warm myself up. "So.. What are you going to do for christmas?" he asked, arms around me as we walked past the park. I just shrugged. "Probably just gonna be home. I don't really want to spend christmas with my parents or Claire so I think I'll just say I'm sick and stay home. They won't miss me.". 

Luke stopped walking and frowned at me. "You're not going to do anything for christmas! But Vic!" he whined. I just giggled. "It's not that important. I'll buy myself some cookies and just watch movies.". Luke crossed his arms so I stood there cold without his embrace and I pouted while he frowned. "I'm not letting you be alone for christmas!" he yelled. "Luke, it's not a problem really. I just don't want to be with my family. I'm a big girl, I can handle being alone for christmas.". Luke snorted. "But I don't want you to be alone. Christmas is supposed to be fun!" he whined.

I just started walking again and Luke followed me, grabbing my wrist. "Luke, I just- Umph." I said, being interrupted by Luke's chest because he had pulled me closer to him. "You're celebrating christmas with my family!" he squealed. I pulled away so I could stare at him in shock. "W-what? Your family?" I stuttered and Luke nodded. "Yup, I'm sure they'll be okay with it. They want to meet you so why not? You can't be alone on christmas." he said. I sighed, about to argue, but Luke tilted my head up and pressed his lips to my own.

The warmth flood trough me and I wasn't cold anymore. His lips moved with mine in a gentle, yet a bit desperate way and I felt like it was nice going out in the snow just so I could kiss Luke. He made my heartbeat quicken and made me feel cared about. I loved it to be honest, I loved the feelings he made me feel.

"Please come with me." he begged, his lips never leaving mine. I opened my eyes and stared right into his pleading eyes. I bet he made those puppy eyes because he knew I couldn't say no. I was just nervous to be honest. What if his family didn't want me there but Luke made them? What if they didn't like me? What if I embarrassed myself? There were so many what if's and they made me scared. 

After some seconds I groaned. "Fine, but just if your family is really okay with it." I warned and Luke grinned. He started kissing my whole face and I laughed when he pulled away. "Yes! This is gonna be the best christmas ever!" he beamed.

We decided to walk into a small cafè and Luke gasped when he saw that they had a big red velvet cake. I laughed and he told me he would buy us a slice of that and a cup of hot chocolate. He told me to just sit down so I did and he came seconds later with our food.

Luke grabbed my hand and started eating with his other hand. I did the same and took a sip from my hot chocolate. It was delicious to be honest. Luke stared at me for some seconds and I raised an eyebrow at him. "So." he began nervously and stared down at his hands. "I uhm.. We're going to, like, play on this festival thing right before christmas actually and I was just wondering if you wanted to come? It's okay if you don't, but it would be very fun if you came. I mean it's not like you have to, but-" Luke rambled on and I rolled my eyes, kissing him so he could stop rambling.

I pulled away and his eyes were hopeful. I smiled, nodding. "Of course I'll come!". He started smiling and the smile was priceless to be honest. I loved how happy he got and I couldn't understand how Claire told him no every time. It was worth saying yes just to see how happy he got.

Luke squeezed my hand. "Thank you, Vic. It means a lot." he said and his blue eyes were serious. "I wouldn't miss it for anything, Luke. You're so great all of you and I'm proud of you guys." I said. Luke beamed at me and I felt my heart flutter. 

After eating a whole lot of red velvet cake, we were both full and decided to walk home again. Luke had too much sugar in his body so he was laughing at himself and swinging our hands like were were kids, but I didn't mind it though because Luke was a dork and that's why I liked him. He had to stop every now and then just to kiss me and it made me breathless every time. I couldn't understand what this boy did to me and I knew it should be scary, but it wasn't. I liked Luke, very, very much.