46

"Mum?" Luke yelled as he opened the door to the house. Just as he had yelled her name, his mum came walking out to the hall with a huge scowl on her face. "Luke Robert Hemmings! Your behavour lately is unacceptable. What is it with every newspaper writing that you're drinking ever night and don't make me mention the rumours with the drugs. Is that true, Luke? Where is my son, he's not here anymore!" she snapped, her arms crossed. Liz hadn't noticed me and Luke was looking kind of embarrassed now. 

He ran a hand trough his hair, coughing. "I'm sorry?" he said, but it sounded more like a question. Liz snorted, shaking her head. "Don't you come here and say sorry. You know I was going to yell at you when Calum came home with you so wasted that you couldn't even walk, but you left the morning after I had helped you to bed and you and I both now that's because you don't want to hear me yell at you. But I'm going to yell at you now Luke. You're acting like a very selfish, famous boy and I am not having it. Yes you're famous and it's hard. Yes I know you still miss Victoria, but doing drugs and alcohol won't help you to become happy, Luke! You have to talk with us, your family and friends because we care and we want our old boy back!".

My eyes widened at the mention of my name and Luke sighed. "I didn't come here for you to yell at me, mum." Luke sighed as Liz rolled her eyes. "Then why? Did you forget something? I'm getting very sick of you getting drunk and Calum having to bring you home and then you leave without telling us anything when you are sober. I am tired of you ignoring your family's calls when we call you and I'm tired of always being worried that you some day will end up drinking too much!" she yelled.

"Mum!" Luke yelled, then pointed at me. Liz's eyes widened when she saw me and before I knew it, she was hugging me, telling me how much she had missed me this year. I let out a small laugh, hugging her back. "I've missed you too, Liz!" I said, looking over at Luke who was staring at the floor, cheeks flushed with probably shame and embarrassment after what Liz had been yelling.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that, sweetie." Liz sighed, pulling away as she stared at him with a scowl. Luke looked up, but avoided eye contact with his mother. "Luke, we still need to talk. Your father and I are both worried and disappointed." she said. Luke sighed, but nodded. "Fine, let's get it over with then." he mumbled, taking off his shoes. His eyes flicked to me quickly as Liz told us to come in to the living room. 

Jack and Ben were sitting on the couch, playing some video game. They looked up at me with wide eyes, giving me a small smile. "Let's go to the kitchen. Victoria, just make yourself at home." Liz said, placing her hand on Luke's back as the two of them walked out of the living room.

I let out a shaky breath, sitting down beside Jack who quickly hugged me. Ben did the same, but the both of them still looked kind of suprised. "Didn't expect you to ever come around here again after all Luke has done." Jack mumbled, stopping the game. Ben sat back as he looked at me. "Me neither." I whispered. "Not that we're not happy for it, but you know. Luke's been a douche lately.". I smiled sadly. "Yeah, I know, but I've talked to him you know? We've sort our problems and I'm willing to forgive." I explained. They both nodded, smiling at me. "I think he needs you to be happy honestly. I think that's why he's been such a jerk because you weren't there. He needs you because you're his happiness, he feels safe and at home with you and I think you feel the same." Ben said. I nodded, knowing he was right. 

Jack was about to say something when there was yelling in the kitchen again. Ben and Jack sighed, giving me a sad smile. "How has life been treating you though?" they asked. I started telling them about my life, how I owned an apartment with my best friend now, that I was studying and that I had a job.

*
Luke came out from the kitchen an hour later when I had just walked out of the bathroom. Hair was messy probably from him running his hands trough it in frustration. His cheeks flushed and he looked so sad. It didn't take long before he wrapped his arms around me and dragged me to his old bedroom. He let out a small sob when he had his head nuzzled in the crook of my neck. I frowned, hugging him. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him, kissing the top of his head. He just shook his head. "I'm such a fucking failure. I just.. I know I have been doing shitty things recently, but by hearing how disappointed my parents were. I just.. It fucking sucks." he explained. "You didn't fix the problems with them?" I asked. He let out a sigh. "Yeah, I was honest with them, they were honest with me. I apologized, they forgave, but I feel like a jerk. I hurt you, my family, my friends and even fans. Why do I have to ruin every fucking thing!" he sobbed, making my heart break at the sad boy.

"Luke." I said, cupping his face. I wiped under his eyes quickly as I locked eyes with him. "You made mistakes, everyone does, but as long as you do something about it, no one is going to hate you. You know what you have done and you're going to learn from your mistakes okay? The most important thing is to stand up for what you did and face the consequenses and then make sure of not doing it again, okay?" I asked him seriously, wanting him to listen. Luke closed his eyes for some seconds before he nodded slowly. "You're too good for me." he mumbled, but I shook my head. "Don't you say that. I know you, Luke, the real you and I know that we're good for each other. I've given you a second chance and I'm trusting you, Luke. Now stop saying stuff like that, okay?" I asked him. He sighed, but nodded slowly.

"Can I kiss you?" he whispered, eyes flickering from my mouth to my eyes. I let out a small laugh, nodding. It didn't take more than a nod before Luke had his soft lips on my own, making me feel the sparks I had missed so badly the year without him. His hands rested on my waist, making me feel relaxed and safe as he kissed me gently, wanting to show me how he felt for me. It was a good kiss, a kiss that made me feel loved, that made me feel like everything would be okay again.

"Mum asked if we wanted to eat dinner here, stay the night too. It's going to be shitty weather soon." Luke said against my lips. I hummed, my fingers tangling in his hair as he let out a small moan. "If you don't want to, that's okay. I'll drive you home." Luke stated, but I shook my head. "I'll stay. It's been too long since I last saw your family and I'm not going to school or to work tomorrow.". Luke smiled, kissing my collarbones. "I've missed you so fucking much, Vic. I know I should have fought more for you, I should have at least tried, but I do love you. I still love you so fucking much and I'm so happy you forgave me." Luke sighed, kissing my jaw now. I closed my eyes, exhaling a shaky breath. I knew I still loved him too, I never doubted it, but I was still scared about everything. What if we would break up when he left for tour again? 

"I know you're scared, but I'm not going to let you go, okay? I promise you, princess. I'm not going to hurt you like that again? You trust me right?" Luke whispered, eyes serious as he stared at me. I bit my lip, thinking about it. Did I trust Luke after a year without talking? When I stared into his eyes, I saw the same boy I fell in love with, the same boy I knew loved me. I saw honesty in his eyes, seriousness and there was no doubt that he was speaking the truth. 

After a while, I nodded. Luke sighed in relief, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck again as I hugged him thighly, wanting him close because he was the only one who could make me feel like everything was going to be fine. "Do you still love me?" Luke asked, staring up at me with nervous eyes. I smiled sadly, pecking his cheek. "I wanted to stop loving you so badly, I tried everything, but I couldn't. You were my first real love, Luke and I don't think the first love ever disappear. I didn't stop loving you and now I'm kind of happy I didn't because you're here again." I explained, my fingers tracing his cheeks as he sighed, closing his eyes. 

It became silent between us, but it was okay. It was a comfortable silence. The kind of silence you could only have with the people in your life that you felt safe with. The people you cared about and trusted. I was happy to have Luke in my life again. Luke grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers as he kissed the palm of my hand, smiling at me. I returned the smile and leaned my head against his shoulder as I listened to his low humming.