42

Harry didn't come home that night. I wasn't worried though, he knew what he was doing. I thought I was going to get to sleep in today, but when there was a knock on the door, I sighed and walked out of bed. Maybe it was Harry who had forgotten his keys or something?

I didn't really care how I looked. I was wearing some sweatpants and a superman hoodie that was Harry's, but I had stolen it a long time ago. My hair was in a mess and I was tired as hell, but it couldn't be anyone but Harry, I didn't expect anyone anyways.

When I opened the door though, my eyes were met with those blue eyes that had always made me weak in my knees. His hair was hidden under a snapback, but I could see that it was in a mess. His eyes were tired and he had bags under them and he was wearing grey sweatpants and a hoodie, but didn't fail to make my heart skip a beat like he had always done.

If I hadn't been in shock, I would probably have slammed the door in his face, I had imagined him coming to beg for my forgivness before which I would reply with a door in his face, but I couldn't do it when he stood right in front of me. We stared at each other for some minutes, both too scared to talk. I didn't even have anything to tell him, I just wanted him to leave and make me stop feel like nothing without him.  

Then he cleared his throat, eyes leaving mine. "Can I come in?" he asked, voice still as beautiful as ever. I bit my lip, not sure if I should let him in. I was angry and hurt at him, but when he stood here in front of me, it was like all I could think about was how much I missed him. 

After another minute, I sighed, opening the door for him. He played with his lip ring nervously as he took a step inside the apartment. He looked around the room, taking in how it looked. I noticed how his eyes lingered at the record player before he turned to me.

I felt self conscious now, because I had just woken up and I knew I looked horrible. I awkwardly crossed my arms, raising my eyebrows at him. "W-what do you want?" I stuttered out, my voice weak just like he made me feel. Luke stared at me again, eyes trailing up and down my body which made me feel nervous. Did he think I was ugly? I mean every girl he had been with since our break up were often models, I didn't look nearly as good as them. 

"I uhm.. I thought we could talk." he mumbled awkwardly. I frowned, not really wanting to. "We don't really have anything to talk about, Luke." I sighed, running a hand trough my messy hair. Luke furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. He repeated the action for some time before he sighed too. "Yeah, I think we have." he replied.

I rolled my eyes at him, but took my hands up in surrender. "Fine." I muttered, walking into the kitchen, knowing Luke was following me. He sat down by the table. "I haven't eaten breakfast." I stated as I took a bowl out from the cabinet and filled it with lucky charms. I left it without milk as usual and placed it with the table as Luke smiled a small smile. "You haven't changed, I see. Still not milk in your cereal." he chuckled, but didn't get a response from me. He coughed awkwardly, shifting in his seat. 

"Do you want coffee? Tea?" I muttered as I walked over to make myself some coffee. Luke nodded. "Coffee would be nice." he answered as I nodded, pouring two cups of coffee to the two of us before I sat down, handing him the cup. 

Luke was staring at me again and I didn't like it because he made me feel vulernable. I didn't want to be trapped under his spell again so I avoided his eyes. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked, eating from my cereal. Luke shifted in his seat. "I wanted to say thank you for helping me out last night. I was completely out of it." he stated. I snorted, thinking back to the party. "When did you start doing drugs?" I asked. Luke frowned, shrugging. "It gets tough to be in the music business, Vic." he sighed.