Imagine

Hazel:

" Yeah mom and dad said you could come over" I told Jessie through the phone.

"Okay good my parents said they can drop me off at 1" she told me.

" Alright I'll see you at 1" I hung up the phone that was in the kitchen.

It had been a week since I had gotten out of the hospital. I was still supposed to be sent to therapy every week. I was not looking forward to it. Since getting out of the hospital it's been harder and harder for me to get out of bed. I didn't want to face the day but I didn't want to fall asleep and have a horrible nightmare.

Mum and Dad thought it would be best for me to have a sleep over. They told me I could invite over Jessie and we could hang out. I was excited since I had never had a sleep over of my own. Of course I used to spend the night at Freddie's all the time but this was different.

"What time is Jessica supposed to be here " my mother asked me as she was grabbing her purse and keys.

" About 1 o'clock...where are you going" I asked her following he r to the door.

" I have to drop by uncle Brians and then to the grocery store I'll be back at about 2 tell her parents sorry for not being here but this is very important...also make sure you father does what he's supposed to and watch your brothers there both taking a nap at the moment but they need to get up I love you" she gave me a kiss on the cheek before running out the door.

Mum wasn't always I guess you could say we never saw eye to eye. I was much more like dad. Dad was always very supportive and caring for me. Uncle Freddie said I was like a split image of him. I walked to dad's music studio he had in the house. The door was shut.

" I better knock" I whispered to my self.

I knocked on it lightly but enough so he could hear me.

" COME IN " He called out.

I opened the door poking my head in. He looked up from the guitar he was playing.

" Ah Hazel how are my little munchkin" Freddie called me that.

He must have seen the wave of sadness wash over me.

" Oh...I'm sorry I-" I had cut him off.

" It's- it's okay its something I...won't ever get over... let's just leave it at that...anyways mum went to uncle Brians and to the store so when Jessie gets here you need to meet her parents also in a few minutes you need to wake up Hendrix and Freddie" I told him sitting down beside him.

" Alright my sweet Caroline" much better nickname

He thought for a second before snapping his fingers.

"Say why don't we play alittle piano maybe a little imagine" he suggested with a hopeful and encouraging smile.

I sighed "alright"

We both got up and went to the piano. I sat down on the black piano Bench and pressed down on the keys.
Yes right position. I looked up at dad and he nodded.

I began playing toggling the chords so to speak. Switching from c to e/a. I looked up at dad once the intro was ending.

" Imagine there's no heaven" we both sang in unison.

"It's easy if you try" I sang by myself.

" No hell below us" dad sang before going back to me "above us only sky"

"Imagine all the people living for today" we sang this phrase together but dad finished hitting the high note.

We played this song all the time as it was our favorite John lennon song. We both shared a love for The Beatles and especially John's solo career. Once finishing we both got the boys up before the bell rung.