Chapter 3

~Riley's POV~

I turned away from Christian who was typing quickly on his laptop. Like always.

I sighed and roamed around the scene.

This whole thing was curious.

I mean, I could tell this wasn't a suicide. But there was a note.

The police, being the idiots they are, believed it was suicide and closed the case.

(This story is not to offend any reader with family members who are police officers)

But Christian and I weren't going to believe it.

I wandered over to the body and pulled my gloves on, touching her neck.

Moving the cord aside, I traced the line around her neck. I moved my gaze down to her nails.

They were painted black. But I saw some drops of dried blood. I saw ok the index finger of the left hand that the nail was chipped. Not the nail polish, the nail itself was just...cracked.

But if this was a suicide why did her nails show signs of struggle.

I looked around on the floors and walls and everything and saw no blood.

"Hey Christian." I said sweetly, going up to him.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can you look up how long the smell of cleaning products last?"

He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Why?"

"Just do it please."

"Ummm..." He typed in something into his computer. "It says it can last up to twenty-four hours but not many last over." He looked up at me again.

"Thanks." I went back over to the body and looked back at the nails.

There wasn't enough blood to do a DNA scan.

Shit.

But there was blood.

So there was a start.