Chapter 21

~Riley's POV~

"Yes you did baby." I said, keeping my hands pressed against his cheek and straddling his stomach, afraid that if I let go he'd disappear. But by the rate at which blood was spilling from the cut on his neck, he may just disappear forever.

Luckily, I'd shot the man before he could cut him to deeply but he had a bomb attached to him because the next thing I knew, there was a beeping noise and the building was being blown up.

I'd tried dragging Christian out but I put my body before his and got the worst of it. But I wasn't worried about me.

We'd managed to fall into the backyard though, so people wouldn't be seeing us and call ambulances.

I took my shirt off over my head and pressed it to his neck, careful not to cut off air.

"Christian, I need you to stay awake for me and I need you too tell me how dizzy you are and if you can breathe or not." I ripped part of the shirt and tied it around his neck.

His eyes fluttered closed and then snapped open again, only to do the same thing. "Chris please I need you to stay with me." I pleaded. "Please, stay for us. We need you." I kissed him softly.

I removed my shirt and looked down at the wound on his neck. Stitches. It definitely needed stitches.

I opened up my small sewing kit that I kept in my jacket pocket (incase stuff like this happens, or I accidentally get some article of clothing sliced open or caught on something).

"This is gonna hurt." I muttered, half to myself and half to him.

I threaded the needle and took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry."

----

At the end of it all, I got it done. It wasn't perfect but it would work because there was no way in hell that we would be going to the hospital.

I sat there, checking my own injuries. It wasn't too bad, just some cuts and definitely bruises. Some glass was in my back and shoulders, but there wasn't too much of it and my ankle seemed to be dislocated but my sister is a doctor so she taught me some things. All I had to do was teach Christian how to do it. Finally, Christian opened his eyes.

I looked over and almost threw myself at him. "Oh my god you're awake!"

"Yeah..." He said, his voice raspy.

His eyes focused and he studied me. "Oh god, you're hurt."

"Nah, I think you're worse than me, how are you feeling?"

"Fine but really, I need to help you." He began to sit up but I stopped him. "Not in your condition, you're not. Lay down, I'll be fine."

"Riley."

"Christian."

"I'm helping you." He sat up fully this time, a slight groan escaping his lips.

I sighed, if he refused to rest, what good would it do. "Fine. My ankle's dislocated and there's some glass in various parts on my back and shoulders. But other than that, just cuts and bruises."

He looked down at my swollen ankle. "Just, grab it, support it some, and push kinda up and in until you hear this popping sound." I said, putting my back against the wall of the building.

Christian look my ankle carefully. "Are you sure we shouldn't go to the hospital or something?" He asked.

"No! They'll find us there, just do it please." I took deep breaths.

"Okay." He said, clearly unsure of himself.

Then he pushed in and I screamed.

The sound was clear and echoed around us.

"Holy shit fucking hell oh my fucking God son of a bitch Jesus Christ fuck!" I leaned forwards and breathed heavily.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" Christian said guiltily.

"Thank you so much." I said, moving my ankle around, feeling it slowly fade back to normal. "Now, do you have tweezers or something?"

"Not with me."

I bit my lip and took a deep breath. "Okay, just pull the glass out with your fingers."

"But-"

"It'll be just like the game Operation. You're good at the game."

"But you're-you're real and I could really hurt you."

"Don't worry about me." I unclipped my bra and laid on my stomach.

"Wait. Before I do anything, what did you mean when you said 'us' and 'we'? Back when I was awake but loosing consciousness.

I bit my lip.

"There's something I need to tell you..."