Chapter 17

~Riley's POV~

"Hey...you aren't a failure." I sat down next to him and kissed his cheek. "We're just going to figure this out, like we do every case and every thing."

I took this as an advantage.

I grabbed his laptop. "Here, I'm gonna pull up our song, okay?" I looked at him.

He looked confused. "We-"

"Shhh!" I replied harshly.

I opened up word and typed out, they put a chip on me that hears everything I hear. I can't take it off because they said they'd kill you and it will send an electrical charge to my brain that will kill me.

I looked at his face as his features turned panicked. I deleted it and went to YouTube, quickly searching up the first song that came to my head.

"God I love you so much." He said, cupping my cheeks and kissing me.

He pulled up Word and typed we'll get it off, I promise.

I didn't get scared often, but this was terrifying.

"Can we go to bed now?" I asked, moving my hands around the hem of Christian's shirt and tugging it upwards.

"Sure thing, let me just turn my computer off."

They sure as hell won't want to hear this, he typed.

I tried to hold back my laugh but it escaped my lips.

"What? Don't laugh at my screensaver! This is my favourite picture of us." Nice save.

He closed his laptop and attached his lips to mine, putting his hands on my waist as I wrapped my legs around his torso.

Christian may be a nerd, but he was strong. And with his strong arms, he lifted me up and carried me to his bed.