Chapter 33

~Riley's POV~

"Chris...ummm so we're being er interrogated by both the U.S. And Greenland government." I reached for his hand and gripped if tightly. "They want to know the full story and uh why we didn't tell the police about John to begin with. But after that we have to look for him." He looked down at me then back up at the men who had lowered their guns and now had people taking us by the arms to drag us with them. "Let me go!" Christian yelled, trying to pull his arm free. "Chris...just stop, we're gonna be fine." I hope. They dragged us out of the airport while some of their men got the suitcases. Chris and I were shoved in the back of a hummer in a line of the cars lined up. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I murmured. "Please don't be mad at me."
"I'm not mad at you." He said, putting an arm around me. I leaned against him and sighed. "Do you ever regret taking this job?"
"What do you mean?" He looked at me, obviously confused. "I mean do you think back on your life and just go, 'man, if I didn't take that job, I'd have a lot more money and probably even a hot fiancé instead of whatever the hell im stuck with now."
"No I don't regret a single thing, and especially not you." He kissed my head then we felt the car start and begin driving to where they're taking us.
"Why does the Greenland government or whatever the hell they are, want to interrogate us?" Chris asked after a few minutes of silence. "Because of all the people John has killed in America, they don't want it happening here as well." I groaned at the sick feeling in my stomach. "Chris..." I gripped his shoulder. "Hmm?" He asked, his eyes glued to his book. "Morning sickness, could you- I just don't wanna be in this car." Chris looked over at me then the driver, "excuse me sir, she's pregnant and is having morning sickness could you please just pull over and-" the driver ignored him and kept driving. "Chris." I clutched my stomach and leaned forwards. "Pull. Over." Chris growled. The driver looked back at him then over at me then slowed down. The car stopped.
Chris helped me from the car and I shakily fell to my knees.