Chapter 40

~Christian's P.O.V~

"Damn Right."I say at carefully slump down on to the ground next to Riley.Truth was,I was exhausted.I've been to worried to sleep and what little sleep i got was so restless.Bad things happen to Good People.Huh?

I smiles softly at Riley and move down to her Ankle and wrap my shirt around it loosely until she can get it looked at by the Nurse.She seemed off,It wasn't rude or anything.She just seemed like everyone in Greenland we've meet so far."Off."

She smiles sadly and winces."I'm sorry this happened to you Ri.."I whisper softly,feeling the sting of tears in my eyes."I'm sorry I couldn't have taken this Bullet for you.I'm use useless with this Brace on."I sigh sadly and Look down.

She shakes her head and Pulls me closer to her carefully using my arm.I rest my head on her lap and she strokes my hair."Listen..Chris.I love you and Not everything will always be perfect.You got shoot in the chest,a Large scar on your neck and a Brace on your back from all the times you helped out your family.You are a great person."She reassures me with a soft smile.

I roll my eyes and let out a soft sigh."Why?"I mutter.She looks down upon me."Why,What?"She asks and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why did you choose me to love? Why do you Love me?"