Chapter 39

~Riley's POV~

"I wish we would have known each other when we were kids because I would have just let you come live with us." He let out an airy laugh. "But I rather liked how we met."
"You must remember it differently then." I waved my hand in the air, "because it wasn't fun for me."
"You still looked hot though, even with all that cocaine covering you head-to-toe." He closed his eyes and hummed. "I still can't believe I took that stupid case, but I'm glad I met you." I nudged him lightly, making sure I didn't completely push him over.

The door opened and someone walked in, someone in a uniform, which I didn't like at all. "It's time for the interrogations, follow me." He led us outside and I'm the direction of another large building.

A loud bang blasted in my ears and I felt something whiz past my neck. I looked up and saw a gunman. "Run!" I yelled, my voice cracking. I grabbed Christian's arm and practically dragged him to the entrance of the building as more gunshots sounded. "They know we're here!" Christian shouted over the sound of gunfire.

I winced and looked down, seeing a bullet had grazed my ankle, leaving a large cut in my flesh which was bleeding. "You got hit!" Christian panicked, lifting my ankle carefully with worried eyes. "It's fine." I assured, helping him up and checking to see if anyone was still firing. "We have a small window of time while they reload. In three, two, one....go!" I dashed to the door and threw it open, grabbing Christian's arm and yanking him inside then slamming the door shut.

Both U.S. and Greenland government agents looked at us. "Don't just stand there! We're under attack!" I yelled at them. They scrambled around, grabbing their guns and nearing the door, throwing it open and firing. I looked over to Christian. "Did you get hit?"
"Nope."
"Okay good." I took a deep breath and fell into a chair, rubbing my temples. "We need to finish this case soon."