Chapter 13

~Riley's POV~

"My whole brain is going 'fuck that'" I sighed.

"I know how you feel." Christian agreed.

We both stood, looking up at the bar.

"Well...we have to ask the woman some questions so this is easier than tracking her down." I looked around for any cars then ran across the street, stoping in front of the bar.

Christian walked across, waving as if to apologize to honking cars.

"Let's get this over with." He sighed and opened the door.

I glanced at the 'no gays or blacks' sign. "You aren't gay, are you?" I turned to Christian with a smile.

He rolled his eyes and followed me in.

I looked around at the bar crowded with people. The wallpaper was peeling and the tables and chairs looked worn.

We walked up to the counter. "We need to see the owner." The bartender glared at us. "Why?"

I pulled a twenty out of my pocket and tossed it over to him. "I guess you could call it personal business."

He looked up at me then turned took my money, going into the back and pulling a girl out.

"You wanted to talk to me?" She crossed her arms and shifted her weight onto a different foot, her hip leaning out.

"Yes uhhh..." Christian pulled a paper out, showing it to her. "Did you know this girl? Or did she ever come into the bar or..."

"What are you two, police?" She asked.

"No, this girl was our cousin and she's dead so will you please just fucking answer the goddamn question?" I sighed, getting sick of people asking if we were police. It happened at least three times each case.

Freya sighed. "Yes. She came here every Friday night before her job as a DJ at the club around the corner. Grace was a nice girl, I'm sad to hear she's dead. Now can I go?"

"Is that all you know?"

"Look, all I do is run this place then go home and sleep. I don't really have much of a life so will you excuse me." She turned around and disappeared behind the door.

Christian was writing this all down though I'm sure that big brain of his could just memorize it.

I turned around and walked out the door with Christian following me.

"Now what?" He asked, tucking his notebook and pen in his jacket pocket.

I looked down at my stomach. "I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry."

"I know but we can work easier easier somewhere else while the police clean up the body from your apartment. And guess what we haven't gotten from the police, the name of the girl- which Freya told us. Maybe they're tired of us showing them up."

I can look up her file if you want?" He said.

"Deal. But food first."

"Work first."

"Food."

"Fine."