Chapter 11

~Riley's POV~

I jumped up from the floor and caught Christian as he fell. "Chris! Hey! Baby can you hear me?" I shook him.

The man groaned and stood up, holding a gun out to me.

I grabbed my gun and held it out to his head, pulling the trigger down.

The gunshot rung through the apartment followed by a loud thump of the body falling to the floor.

I turned back the Christian, lifting his head into my lap and brushing his hair back.

His eyes fluttered open.

I looked down at the syringe in his chest and I wrapped my fingers around it, pulling it out slowly.

He winced and clenched his fists, grabbing at the floor. His nails raked across the wood.

"Hey hey hey calm down here, take my hand." I reached with my other hand and gripped his.

I pulled it out further until all that was left was the tip of the needle.

I pulled it out finally and a drop of black liquid fell into my palm, burning it.

I winced and looked down at the needle.

Poison.

"Okay Chris I want you to hold onto my hand tightly." I kissed his sweaty forehead and pushed the needle back where the wound was.

Looking around, I found a clear bowl which I had rated cereal out of earlier.

I dumped the spoon out and pulled out some blood mixed with black liquid.

Pulling the needle out, I moved the needle over the bowl and pushed down, the blood and poison mixture falling into the bowl.

I did this until I only pulled blood out then I pushed Christian's shirt against the wound to get it to stop bleeding.

"Hey babe, can you hear me?" I tried to get his focus on me.

His eyes wandered up to my eyes and he blinked, his gaze adjusting.

"You're not dying on me yet babe." I leaned down, resting my forehead against his.

"I promise I'm not gonna leave you. How many cases do you think you would be able to solve without me, huh?"

"None." I kissed his nose.