Chapter 43

~Riley's POV~

I could hardly recognize Christian. All non-covered areas of his skin were either burned severely or cut. But at least he was alive, which was all that really mattered to me. I saw as his twin, Tristan, walked out. "I'll fucking kill you!" I screamed, jumping up and ripping the handcuffs from whatever I was attached to. Tristan turned around and I jumped onto his back, using the chain to choke him. I pulled it then slammed my heel into his balls, causing him to fall to the floor. His body went limp but I knew I didn't kill him, just cut off his air supply for long enough. Guards ran in, aiming their guns at me but I was fueled with rage. I elbowed on and he swung his gun down to hit me but I spread my wrists out, the gun smashing through the chains. My wrists slid from the shackles and I grabbed his gun, shooting him in the head. Then I aimed it at the guards closest to me, shooting them all in the head. My gun ran out of amo so I threw it to the side and grabbed another one from a fallen guard. I shot at more guards which never seemed to end. They just all kept running in.

Finally, no more entered. I ran over all the bodies and down some halls, searching for John. I ran past a door and noticed something. It was the faint sound of piano playing. I froze. My hand wrapped around the handle, turning the knob and pushing the door open. There I saw John playing the piano calmly, something from Mozart or something. His fingers stopped and he turned around. "So nice of you to join us, dear." He smiled sickly.

"Us?" I looked and saw a man who looked similar to him, holding a gun to me. "You know," I sighed, "I'm getting really sick of having guns pointed at me." I raised mine and shot his hand, the gun falling from it then I shot his leg. He crumpled to the ground and I fixed my gun on John.

He stood up with a deep sigh. "You know, music is murderous. Some people say that it had saved their lives but really it's only makeup to mask their true pain. But in the end, we're all going to die, right? But we pass our time with music which eventually kills us all."

"I could kill you right now." I said, my finger pressing against the trigger. "But you wouldn't. Because you could never hurt your sister like that. She thinks I'm on a business trip and how would anyone be able to explain how the authorities found my body with all the other guards' bodies in this building?"

"But, the thing is John, we have both agreed so many times that we'd be there for each other before any other men in our lives. So if I shot you out of self defense and the defense of everyone else on this planet, I can kill you so easily." His face twisted into disgust. "You piece of-" I pulled the trigger and a bullet lodged itself into his head, he fell to the ground. "And as for you Phillip," I walked over and shot him through the head. "Goodnight you two." Then I walked out of the room.