Chapter 46

~Riley's POV~

"Chris! Chris Jesus fucking Christ no you can't- fuck!" I felt paramedics pull me back. They cut the handcuffs from around him and put him on a stretcher. "Ma'am! Listen to us! We need to take you to the hospital and check you for injuries." They pulled me up and dragged me into a separate ambulance. I was kicking and screaming the entire time, fighting against everyone. As they dragged me out of the ambulance, I looked over and saw Chris on a cot with a portable breathing machine attached to him. Then I screamed harder, trying to get to him. "Ma'am!" The paramedics yelled at me. I felt a needle pierce my arm. I looked down and felt my vision blur. Then my knees went out from under me.

Beep. Beep. Beep.Beep. Beep. My eyes slowly opened and I was looking up at a white ceiling. My head felt numb and my stomach felt empty. When was the last time I ate? I looked around and pressed a button that called the nurse. One walked in a while later with a bright smile. "I see you're awake!" Her cheeriness bothered me. "Where's Christian?" Her smile faltered. "What happened to him? Where is he?" I sat up some and saw my stomach out of the bottom of my eye. "Holy shit." My stomach had grown majorly since last time. I couldn't have been out that long, right? "Miss Kendrick, you've been in a coma for two months due to stress. We've only been able to keep you and your babies alive barely. We'll need you to eat some before anyone else can come in." She left then brought in food. I picked at it then gave in, eating all of it. "Now where's Christian?" The nurse pulled the phone attached to the wall and talked for a minute.

I was laying there impatiently until finally the door opened and Christian ran in. He let out a breath and tried not to crush me as he hugged me. "Chris." I cried, looking at him. He had a few scars where the burns got really bad but other than that he looked amazing. "Oh my god I wasn't able to see you for two months." His eyes traveled to my stomach. "Oh my god I'm so glad they're still okay." He placed his hands on my large tummy and kissed it. "Miss Kendrick, we're going to need to take you into an ultrasound to make sure the babies are okay." I looked at Chris who had a dorky smile. "Okay, is he allowed to come to?"
"Of course."