Daily Do's.

"Maddie!" Ms. Locy yelled snapping me out of my daydream.

"Yes Ms. Locy?!" I jumped up afraid.

"Do you know how hard people work to get in this class but can't get in?! You're over here daydreaming about a boy who will never acknowledge you. Put your head in the books Madeline." She told me. It was completely embarrassing. I was in the same class as some of the most popular kids. I hate Ms. Locy.

RING!

There's the bell. Finally.

"Don't forget the assignment children, it's due on Friday."

Blah blah blah. I thought. I walked out of the classroom and bumped into Jenni. "Oh yay! So glad we bumped into each other! I have plans for you and I this Friday.. Actually all this week!"

"Really? That's cool. But I have a lot of homework and stuff going on this week and I might be busy the entire day Friday!" I lied.

"C'mon Mads, I know you. You have nothing planned at all this week, you always get your homework done during study hall too." She caught me. She knows me too well.

"Fine, you got me. What is it?" I walked over to my locker and opened it up. A card fell out so I opened it up.

$500 GIFT CARD TO THE MALL
AVAILABLE ONLY THE MONTH OF JULY!
HURRY! THIS OFFER IS THIS MONTH ONLY!

"So we're going shopping.. Yay...." I said not meaning it.

"You need a new look. You're starting to look like the evil lady off of The Little Mermaid." She told me.

I laughed a little. "Thanks Jenni, what would I do without a best friend like you?" I said sarcastically but chuckling a little.

•• HOURS LATER AT MADDIE'S HOUSE ••

Twitter-
@TheMattEspinosa: Here are my tour dates and places I'll be touring! Tickets will be out at midnight! *picture of tour here*

I stared at the tweet. Wishing I could go meet the one person who made me laugh and made me feel like someone cared about me.

"Maybe someday." I whispered.

I clicked on the picture and saw that my exact location was on there.

"MOM?!" I yelled. She came running upstairs and into my bedroom.

"What's wrong?!" She asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to ask you for some money...." I told her.

"Honey, you're almost 17! Get a job and earn some cash. Why do you need some anyway?"

"Matt Espinosa tickets.." I mumbled.

She sat on my bed next to me and sighed. "I promise you, you will meet that wonderful boy someday. Just not now okay? I'm running low on money. Your dads life insurance money only covers the funeral.. The rest is for college. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to catch up with all of this. I'm so glad I only had you or else this entire family would be a disaster. I love you tons Maddie." She gave me a hug. "Get ready for supper, I'll be done in a bit... Oh and don't push yourself over the cliff because of Matt."

"I wouldn't." I assured her. "One more question."

"What is it?"

"Did you give Jenni $500?" I asked.

"No!! Why?"

"Apparently we're going shopping for a new change. She gave me $500."

"That's wonderful. Appreciate her and those $500." She told me.

She walked out of the room and as soon as she left I called Jenni.

"Hello?"

"Jenni.. Can you come over? I'm having a moment again."

"On my way."

My father died two months ago in a plane crash.. He was coming home from a business trip, but of course never made it home.

A moment: When Jenni comes over and I cry my eyes out about my dads death. My mom will never find out and can never find out.

DING DONG!

It was Jenni. "Hello Mrs. Bosanko. Is Maddie home?" I could hear Jenni trying to have small talk with my mom, classic.

"Why yes she is, go on upstairs, we were just about to have supper. Have you eaten?"

"No ma'am."

"I'll fix you something up, I thought it'd just be Maddie and I but no problem. I'll call you girls down here in 15 minutes. Go check on Maddie if you'd like." My mom said. Yay they're done talking!

Jenni ran into my room and hugged me. "It's okay, cry it out." And that I did.

"I miss him so much Jen.." I told her. "I never even got to say goodbye properly."

Jenni patted me on the back then pulled away. "How about we wipe those tears and go downstairs for some food. To keep your mind off him?" I nodded. "Great." She walked out and before I left too, I looked in the mirror.

I saw myself, stupid glasses, stupid clothes, stupid face. I never wore makeup, I never dressed up, it was always sweatpants and a flannel. My hair was always in a bun and yeah, I was the biggest nerd ever.

"You coming?" Jenni asked.

Maybe it was time for that change after all.

"Yeah, I'm going." I sniffled and smiled back at her.