Captured / Chapter 20

I put the phone on speaker, "Who's phone are you using?"

"It's a pay phone. I had a couple quarters and I found some on the floor.. I don't have very much time. Just please get me out of here!" Cam yelled.

"Are you near?! Did you see who captured you?!" Maddie yelled out.

"Maybe.. I don't kno-" Cameron was cut off.

"Do we call the cops?" Jenni asked.

"We have to. What other choice do we have?" Maddie said.

"No.. That won't work. I already called them remember?" Nash reminded us.

"Well am I supposed to drive you guys home now?? I mean, we can't look for him alone." I stated. "We need extra help or back up. What if we walk into a room full of kidnappers? We'd all be in trouble, especially Maddie."

"Matt, all you fucking care about is Maddie. Cameron is missing! Get that through your head." Nash told me.

"I know that Nash! But you don't see that if we do go looking for him ALONE and we get into some sort of trouble, cops will never know where we're at. Maddie's pregnant for crying out loud! I'm not going to put our baby at risk." I couldn't help but throw that out there. I didn't know if Nash knew or not.. But it kinda just came out.

"Wow okay. Whatever." Nash opened the car door and tried leaving.

"What are you doing?!" Maddie yelled.

"I'm going to look for my best friend. Alone."

Maddie grabbed his arm and pulled him back inside. "Don't leave Nash. We all need Cameron back as much as you do. I promise we'll get him back...." She paused and looked at me. "We're going to look for him. We have to. Matt, lets go."

Did she really just say that?

*MADDIE'S POV*

Nash got back in the car, then Matt drove off to a abandoned buildings that we knew of. "Surely he's got to be in one of these.. He said it was dark.. Big maybe." I said. "Couldn't be a house or apartment. Too small, really recognizable."

"That one!" Jenni pointed to a building in the woods. "It looks suspicious."

"How did you even see that?!" Nash asked. "And why is there a building in the woods? That's creepy."

"Yeah well we're going to have to go inside no matter how creepy or weird it is." I told them. Matt parked the car in a place where no one would see it except us. We all got out of the car and walked over to the building. The entire walk there it was dead silent. Not one word from anyone.

Matt reached out for my hand and held it tight. "I'll protect you." He whispered.

We finally got to the building and went inside. "Hello?" Jenni asked.

"Jenni!" I slapped her arm. "Sh!"

"Over here!" We heard a voice say, "it's Cameron." We ran over to the direction the sound was coming from.

"Cam! We're here! Where are you?!" Nash yelled out.

Lights came on. We saw Cameron and a couple of dangerous men.

We were captured.
~~~~~
I'll try to post a new chapter everyday. Trying to get this book over with as fast as I can lmao.