Only the Beginning

Matt drove me in his car and Jenni followed. I can't believe this is happening. I texted Jenni saying, "HOW COOL IS THIS?!" Obviously she didn't reply because she doesn't like texting and driving so she didn't see it. Matt looked over to me and smiled.

"What?" I giggled.

"I don't know." He laughed. "I never do this type of stuff. I don't know why I'm doing it now... I mean, you're not some crazy stalker fan right?" He laughed some more. I love it when he smiles and laughs.

"No!!" I chuckled. "Just an ordinary girl."

"Alright." He took one hand off the wheel and reached out for my hand. "Your hand is freezing." He told me.

"I know."

"I'm guessing the whole shorts, flannel, and makeup thing isn't you?" He asked.

"Nope. Sweats are my thing." I laughed.

"Then lets get you some."

"I don't have money Matt.." I pouted. "Jenni paid everything for me."

"Don't worry Maddie. I can pay." He smiled and drove to the nearest store.

As soon as we got there Jenni got out of her car confused. "This doesn't look like a hotel."

"Maddie's cold so I'm stopping here to buy her sweatpants." He explained.

"WHAT?! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! MADDIE HAS CHANGED FOR BEAUTY! MIGHT AS WELL PUT ON HER GLASSES SINCE SHE'S CHANGING BACK." Jenni yelled.

"You wore glasses?" Matt asked.

"Yeah.. kind of embarrassing." I said meekly.

He opened his arms wide. "Come here Maddie." I walked over to him and he hugged me tight. He gives the best hugs. He let go and put his arm around me and we walked into the store.

"What was that for?" I asked him.

"You looked like you needed a hug. Maybe putting my arm around you would make you feel safer."

"THAT'S MATTHEW ESPINOSA!" Someone yelled. She walked over to us and Matt took his arm off of me. "CAN I TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU?!" She asked.

"Yeah!" Matt smiled.

"ME NEXT." Her friend said. I stood to the side watching. Soon there was a crowd of girls around him and I walked away to look for my sweats. I texted Jenni saying;

"Crowd of girls around Matt.. Looking for sweats alone. It was too good to be true. :(" I said.

"He's famous Maddie.. This is normal for him okay? Don't beat yourself up for this, you two aren't even dating."

"I know but still.. I'm just gunna go. I'll be out in a bit."

I put my phone away and turned around. "Going somewhere? The sweats are right here!" Matt was behind me and pointed to the pants.

"I'm just gunna go home." I told him.

"What's bothering you Maddie?" He asked.

"You hardly even know me matt. I know everything about you.. Isn't that weird for you?!" I had the worst word vomit right there.

"I can learn stuff about you Maddie! This isn't weird okay?"

"Just forget it Matt. Us being friends wasn't going to happen."

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked.

"You wouldn't understand."

"So make me understand! Just please, stay with me for a little longer. I need to know you." Matt pouted. I walked away from him. "Aren't you forgetting something?" He smiled and gave me the sweatpants. I stuck my tongue out at him and he smiled. We went to the cashier and payed for it. I put them on over my shorts and instantly I was warm.

"Thank you." I told him. We walked out of the store and saw Jenni waiting. "We're going." I mouthed to her.

"Oh Maddie," she mouthed back.

Matt and I got into his car and drove to the hotel. When we got there Jenni quickly got out and walked over to my window. I rolled the window down and Jenni said, "what's the room number? I'll just meet you two there."

"146" Matt told her.

"Take your time." Jenni said sarcastically.

She walked off into the building and left Matt and I in the car. "This has been a crazy day for me. My week has been crazy overall." I told him.

"What's wrong Maddie?" He asked.

I looked him in the eyes and said, "you're my everything. I know I mean nothing to you right now but I just want you to know that you got me through some tough times." he smiled and took my hand. He held it tight.

He said, "you're staying with me tonight okay? I know we just met but you really look worn out and so does your friend. You two are staying here for the night. I'll pay."

"Great! I'll tell you all about my crazy week later then.. Right now, I get to meet the boys!" I said in excitement.