The Call

Nash and Jenni keep checking up on me. They think I can't handle "the pressure" of being pregnant and not being with Matt.

I think I'm okay.

Matt has tried texting me, but I ignore all of the texts. He's on tour, he should be focused on that.

On another note, I have my first checkup tomorrow. It's exciting, I get to know all about my baby and how tiny it is. Although I doubt it's tiny since my belly's a little over the size of a one month.

"You're coming with me right? My checkup tomorrow?" I look at both Nash and Jenni.

"Shoot! That's tomorrow?! Cam and I have plans that we planned a week ago." Jenni frowned at me and continued, "Nash will go." She gave Nash a firm look.

"Yeah, I'm going." I love that Nash isn't my baby's father but still is really kind and sweet about all of this.

Jenni walked over to me and gave me a hug. "I gotta go but text me if you need anything!" She pulled away, "if Matt calls, answer it. You two need to solve this." She walked out the door without looking back.

I got a call about 5 minutes later and answered it. "Hey babe."

"Matt?" The voice sounded unfamiliar, it could've been Matt messing around but I wasn't sure.

"No." The deep voice answered. "Forget Matt."

I didn't say anything, I just hung up. He called again. "What do you want?!"

"My baby."

"Excuse you?!" It became silent for a minute. "Leave me alone, and my baby. I don't know you!" I hung up again. The person called again but I didn't answer.

"Who's calling you?!" Nash asked.

"I have no idea!" I passed my phone over to Nash. "Answer it."

He pressed answer and said, "leave her alone."

Nash and the mysterious voice began to talk, but it wasn't long until it became intense. Nash began to yell and cuss.

"Give me my phone." I told Nash. He handed the phone over to me, "I don't know why you're calling me or why you're-"

"You have my baby. I want full custody." They told me.

"I'm calling the cops." I hung up once more and called 911. I gave them the information and they did their job. About 20 minutes after, I got a call. "Answer it." I gave the phone to Nash, worried it the was unknown caller again.

"Hello?" Nash looked over to me. "It's for you."

I took the phone, it had to be Matt. "Hello?"

"Maddie!" Matt said relieved. "I've missed you so much-"

"What do you want?!" It was rude of me to give Matt this attitude, but he deserved it. He needed to know I wasn't happy that he didn't believe me.

"Maddie! Hear me out okay?! I believe you! I was a little frightened that night.. I need you. Forgive me Maddie. I'm so sorry." Matt pleaded.

"Matthew.." I paused, looking down at my stomach. I thought of the man who had called a few times before Matt. Maybe Matt was telling the truth, maybe that was the man he was talking about. "I'm sorry."

"For what?! You were right to get mad."

"No I wasn't.. It's complicated okay? Don't worry about anything."

"I'll see you soon." He said. "I'm sorry." And he hung up.
~~~~~
Boring chapter, I'll be better these next few chapters.