Promise

"Alright we're here." Matt parked the car near the front door and got out to open my door for me.

"So he's a gentleman," I teased. "Thanks Matt, for all of this. You didn't have to do any of it."

"Don't thank me just yet babe." He took my hand and led me inside the fancy restaurant. The waiter quickly saw us and went over to ask us for our meal. "What are the specials?"

"Tonight we are serving, Prime N.Y. strip, bresaola, and aged balsamic. We also have the famous Mockingbird Bistro's popular kobe burger." The waiter was so kind, but I looked at her so confused. This was all too fancy.

She looked into my eyes waiting for me to make a choice. "Um.. I'll have the first one please."

"And so will I." Matt said with a cheesy smile.

"Okay, I'll have those with you in about 10 minutes or so." She nodded her head and walked away.

"This.. It's um- wow."

"Too much?" Matt sighed.

"No! God, no. It's perfect Matthew. Thank you so much." I looked curious. "Why all of this?"

"Six month anniversary?"

"Are you serious?! That was today?!" I face palmed so hard I think I killed a couple brain cells.  "Matt I'm sooo sorry!" He felt so guilty and upset I couldn't eat. But this was expensive so I had to..

"Don't stress it Maddie. You have a lot on your plate. It's all good.." He reached into his pocket and pulled a little case out. "But I was, um, wondering.." He got up and went on one knee. "I promise to always love you no matter what. I promise to never let small arguments come between us. I promise to take care of this child and love it for as long as I live. I promise to never leave you.. So with that said, will you take this promise ring and promise me the same?"

I was in shock. In happiness. Also in tears. "Yes!" I shook my head. "Yes Matthew!" We both got up and hugged each other.

"I love you." He whispered close to my ear.

"I love you too."  I whispered back.

As we pulled away, we heard the rest of the restaurant clapping and cheering at what had just occurred. I became as red as a fierce tomato and sat back down giggling.

Then the waitress came over. Has it really been 10 minutes?

"Here are your plates. Enjoy." She sat the delicious meals in front of us with a caring grin. "Congratulations you two."
~~~~~
happy New Year's Eve everyone!
Hope your 2016 is wonderful and filled with countless blessings 💖