Arrival

Matt's coming back today. I need to look my best.. But how can I if I'm pregnant and can barely look at my toes?

"Guess who's home?" A familiar voice called out from the living room.

I walked a little closer toward the voice. "Jenni?!" I saw Jenni's blue eyes once again and ran into her arms for a big bear hug. "Didn't know you'd be here! And I'm still in my pajamas!!" I giggled.

She laughed softly. "Oh how I've missed you!" Pulling away she looked right into my eyes and asked, "How's the baby? Heard you found out the gender?"

"I'm having twins!!" I shouted in excitement. "I mean.. It's not what I expected or wanted.. Especially at this age and time, but I think I can make it work. Do you think Matt and I will make it through this?" I started to think a little deeper.. Sure I'll love my kids.. But I'm a little nervous.

"Don't think too much of it Maddie.. It'll be fine. You have a lot of people here to help." She hugged me tightly once more.

Then, another knock at the door.

"Come in," I yelled.

And Matt walked in.

"Maddie!"

"Matt! I'm not even-"

He rushed toward me and gave me the most passionate kiss ever. "I've missed you." He managed to whisper between the break of our kiss.

"I've missed you too but I-" I giggled. "I'm still in my pajamas."

"Babe, you could be wearing a dinosaur costume and I'd still run up to you and give you a kiss." He pulled away and looked down at my stomach. Matt crouched down and whispered, "hey cuties. I've missed you both. can't wait to finally meet and hold you both." He kissed my belly gently and stood back up.

I felt kicking. It felt like I'd been getting butterflies. There's never a better feeling than knowing your babies are okay and happy.

"Well Maddie, I have to get going. See you tomorrow okay?" Jenni walked out the door waving her hand goodbye with a cheesy smile.

"Dinner, tonight, let's say.. 8 o'clock?" Matt winked.

"Of course." I responded.

"Good, see you later then." He pecked my lips and left my house.
••••••••
Ring! Ring!

Sent them straight to voicemail. Oops.

"I'm getting closer to your house. Hope you're ready." Matt spoke.

Wow, I sent Matt to voicemail... Oops. 

I walked down the stairs slowly and happily. "Mom.." I looked around the room searching for my mother. 

"You look stunning." She stared at my sparkly red dress and then at my round belly. 

"Baby's kicking." I smiled. "I wonder what this entire occasion is for," I opened the front door and saw Matt with roses. 

"Beautiful." He whispered.

"Don't drool all over her dress Matt." Mom chuckled from behind us. "Alright, head out you two. Don't come home too late, and drive safely."

"I'll take care of her Mrs. Bosanko, I promise." He held his hand out and I took it. "Shall we?" I nodded.

"We shall." I winked and walked over to the passengers seat. Clicking the stereo's play button, Stitches by Shawn Mendes, a friend of Matt's I haven't yet met, came on.

 "AND NOW THAT I'M WITHOUT YOUR KISSES" Matt sang. "I'LL BE NEEDING STITCHES"

I laughed. Probably harder than I should have. 

"What? Are you jealous of my amazing singing? I'm pretty much as good as Shawn." He bragged.

"Keep telling yourself that Matt." I patted his shoulder and texted Jenni. "Ahhh, I'm so nervous." 

In a matter of seconds she replied, "Why?"

"It's the first date we've been on since he's been back.. Last thing I want to do is make things awkward." I sent back.

"Hey," Matt took one hand off the wheel and reached for my hand. "You okay?" His hand was so warm and soft, it was great to finally hold it again.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him. My hand buzzed. 

"Everything will be okay, trust me baby cakes."

~~~~~~

Something juicy coming up! Stay tuned. (thanks for this many reads by the way! love you guys so much! thanks for endless support)