Presentation

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I pounded the alarm clock with my hand and woke up. Six o'clock in the morning. I hate school.

I got out of bed, brushed my teeth, curled my hair, changed clothes, and went in my moms room.

I knocked. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. "Wake up!" I yelled. I tried opening the door but it was locked. "Mom?" I pounded on the door. "Mom wake up!" I pounded once more. "Mom!" No answer.

I kicked the door and it finally opened. I saw mom laying on the floor with pills. I ran over to her and called 911. It took about 5 minutes for the ambulance to get here then I called Jenni. She came within 10.

"What happened ma'am?" Police asked.

"I don't know.." I told them in a shaky voice. "My dad.." I held back the tears. "My dad died not too long ago and my mom was depressed. I think she tried killing herself." I cried and when I opened my eyes Jenni was in my house.

"It's alright.. Jenni's got you." She held me tight.

Paramedics walked over to Jenni and I and told us she would be taken to the ER but we will still have to go to school.

"Can you?" Jenni asked.

"I have to." I told her.

We drove to school and my day went on as if it was a regular school day. Then came last period, Ms. Locy.

"Alright Madeline, you're up. Show us what you've got." Ms. Locy said.

Oh no! I thought. I forgot the poster at home.

"Lets go Maddie! Get up in front of the class and present."

I went to the front and looked at everyone. "Um.." I said. "I forgot my poster at home." Everyone looked at me angry. Oh! I remember I had taken a picture after we finished. "BUT WAIT! Before you all hate me, I have a picture right here." I took my phone out and put the picture up on the projector. "My project is about family." I continued. "Everyone's equal. Everyone ended up here because of their mom, and dad. Genetics," I stated. "We all look like our parents and not like each other because our parents gave us the gene." I looked around at people. "She has blue eyes. I have brown. Michael has green and Lindsay has hazel. Everyone's different, but they came from our parents. Look at your siblings today and appreciate them. Look at your parents and appreciate them because sooner or later you won't have them. Our mothers taught us how to live, but not how to live without them.. So here's to our families and how amazing it is to have one. Everyone has one. You don't need to be related to have one." Everyone clapped.

"Thank you for that unique presentation." Ms. Locy said. "Have a seat." I headed towards my seat but when I got there, the bell had rung. "Please stay, Miss. Bosanko." Ms. Locy asked.

"What's wrong?" I walked over to her.

"I heard.. You may not wanna talk about it with me but just know that if you have no one, I'm all eyes and ears." I nodded my head and smiled.

"Didnt know how fast the word could spread."

She chuckled. "I have people."

I walked out of the room and found Jenni waiting for me, like always.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

"Afraid of what might happen." I confessed. "I might even be an orphan today and I wouldn't even know it until 1 more hour."

"I don't think so.. You shouldn't either." Jenni patted my back. "Lets get outta here."