Prom Shopping

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my bedroom door. "Can I come in?" Matt asked.

"Yeah.." I yelled half awake half asleep.

"You okay?" He chuckled. I opened my eyes wide.

"I'm awake.. I'm okay."

"What do you want to do today?" Matt sat on my bed next to me.

"You're getting on a plane to wherever it is you're going. I'm going dress shopping with Jenni." I paused. "You won't come back until Saturday okay? Promise me that.."

"I promise! I promise."

"Alright. I'll Skype you later! Now shoo, go to the airport, call your agent, or do whatever it is you do!" Matt laughed. "I however, have to get dressed if I want to be ready by 3. What time is it?"

"1:48.." Matt told me.

"I WOKE UP ALMOST AT 2?! WHAT??" I freaked out. "UGH!" I jumped out of bed, but some leggings on and a shirt. "I DONT EVEN HAVE TIME TO DO MY MAKEUP!"

"Maddie calm down.. You look just as beautiful as you did when you had makeup on. Just put a little mascara and you're done."

"You don't get it Matt! Ughhh." I whined.

"It's 1:57" Matt said.

"HOW?!"

"You took a while to pick out your outfit. You're also talking in between."

"I'll just put my hair in a bun. Then some eyeliner and mascara.. And I'm done!" I said in a rush.

"Beautiful." Matt smiled.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Not until tomorrow." He chuckled.

"Stooop! If you really wanna stay then go be with you friends or something. I'm serioussss!" I told Matt.

"How about I drive you to Jenni's?" He suggested.

"Okay.. Fine." I took my bag and walked to Matt's car with him. "Thank you."

"Anytime.. You don't have your car and-"

"Not that.. because you came all the way from Ohio and your tour just to see if I was okay. So thank you."

"Don't mention it Maddie. Anything for you."

As we arrived Jenni's driveway it was 3 sharp so I texted her, "I'm here."

I turned to Matt and told him, "good luck on your next show." I got out of his car and waved goodbye. As matt left Jenni came outside.

"Can Cam come with?" Jenni asked. "He's already here."

"You can't really say no if he's already here so I guess so." I said.

We took Cameron's car and drove to the mall. I tried on 10 prom dresses and asked Jenni and Cam's opinion.

"You look like an onion." Jenni said.

"How does a human, look like an onion exactly?" I asked. Jenni shrugged.

"Too sparkly." Jenni yelled out.

"Agreed." Cam says.

About halfway through prom dresses girls started coming up with Cameron and asking for pictures. Jenni and I went on without his opinion. Then I finally found the one.

"Which on did you settle on- woah! You look great." Cameron said.

"Yess!" Jenni yelled. "That one."

I spun around and looked back in the mirror. "Nash?!" I asked. I turned around and saw him.

"Hey.. why do you look so surprised?" He laughed. I ran and hugged him. "Didn't Cameron tell you I was coming??" He looked over at Cam. He shrugged and pretended like he didnt know what Nash was talking about. "Whatever, I'm here now! Is this the dress you're wearing to prom?"

"Yeah it is. How did you know I was having prom?" I asked.

"There's a sign outside this store saying, 'prom dresses here!'" He laughed.

"Yeah that would explain it.. Well I'm just going to pay for this and we can all head out to lunch.. Sound good?"

"Actually Cam and I are going to the movie theaters.. You guys are welcome to come along." Jenni told us. I shook my head no. Jenni and Cameron left so I was alone with Nash.

"What happened?! No one told me anything." Nash asked.

"Oh this?" I pointed to my cast. "Got in a car incident. Nothing major, I'm fine." I told him.

"You sure?" I nodded. "Alright.. well hey, I'm sorry for not being there when you were in the hospital so let me pay your dress."

"What?! No! This is going to be expensive Nash, you really don't want to do this." I told him.

But of course, he insisted. So he bought it and we left the mall.