Project Wednesday

I walked over to Ms. Locy who was at her desk grading papers (how boring) and looked her in the eyes. Alright Maddie, be confident. I thought while being a complete nervous wreck.

"Ms. Locy, I have a question." I told her. She looked up at me.

"This better be a good question that's worth my time Miss. Bosanko."

"I was just wondering..." I paused. "Could I possibly present tomorrow?" I mumbled fast.

"What?" She asked. "You know what.. Don't even ask again. You're wasting my time Madeline."

"No wait.. ugh okay.. I was wondering if you could let me present tomorrow since I'll be gone on Friday...?" I hesitated.

"Sure." She told me.

"It was worth a tr- wait did you say yes?"

"Mhm. Now go before I change my mind." She looked at the door and looked back at me.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH." I gave her a big hug which I thought Id never do. I let go of her quickly. "Sorry.." I whispered. Then I speed walked out the door.

When I walked out Jenni was down the hall. "Well? How did it go?"

"SHE SAID YES!" I said happily. "I mean.. She said yes." More mature tone this time.

"That's great! Have you finished your project? Do you know what you're gunna do?" She asked.

"No.."

"WELL THEN WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE? LETS GET GOING." She yelled.

We drove to the store and got a big poster and lots of other supplies we thought might come in handy.

As soon as we got to my house we went to my room and worked on it. It took 4 hours. Mostly because we kept taking breaks.

"I love it. Wish I could be there to see you present!" Jenni told me.

"Thanks." I replied. "For helping me, and being such a good friend." I walked over to her and gave her a big hug.

"Matt's gunna like you." She giggled.

"Shut up," I let go of her. "I like him a lot. If I were to ever date him, which I doubt, but if I was, he'd think I'm weird or a creep because I know everything about him and he knows nothing about me."

"Don't think like that Maddie."

"It's the truth." I told her.

"Jenni?" My mom said walking into my room. "Your mom called, said she wanted you to get home soon."

"Alright, thank you Mrs. Bosanko."

"Call me Linda." Mom said with a smile.

"Alright mom.. You can go now." I said.

"Okay okay, Maddie, supper is ready so once you two are finished come down and eat before it's cold."

"Got it." I replied.

Mom left, Jenni and I were in the room and got our stuff together.

"I'll text you later Maddie, don't forget to tell you mom about Friday!" Jenni reminded me. I almost forgot.

Jenni left and I went downstairs to eat supper. "Oh my sweet lovable momma..."

"What do you need Maddie?"

"Nothing.. I just wanted to say that."

"Noo, every time you say that there's always something that comes after. Do you need cash? Are you pregnant?" She asked.

"What?! No! I was just gunna tell you that Jenni bought us tickets for Matt's tour."

"That's nice honey." She put the plates of food on our table. For some reason I felt like she was distracted.

"Why did you think I was pregnant?"

"No reason." She lied.

"Why are you acting different?" I asked. Mom paused to give me a long stare.

"Huh. I'm different? Look at you Madeline! You're so different."

"Is that bad?! I needed a change mom!" I fought back. "I don't know how in the world that made you think I was pregnant."

"I'm worried about you Maddie. You've changed and I thought maybe you went to a party after all this." She pointed at my clothes. "Parties can lead to babies."

"I'm not like that mom." I sat down at the table. I completely lost my appetite but she'd be upset to I ate anyway.

"I already ate." Mom said really calmly. "I'm going to go take a shower then sleep."

"Are you depressed?" I had no intention of saying that out loud but I did.

"Yes Maddie. That's what it's called isn't it? I've also been going online dating and met up with a few and realized I'm not ready to move on. That's all!" She looked me straight in the eyes and said, "I've heard your cries too. You're not the only one who's hurting." Then she walked off.

I texted Jenni saying;

"Hey Jen, I'm not sure if I'll be going to Matt's tour."

"What?! Why?"

"My moms depressed. She needs help."

"Well? What now?" She asked.

"I'm going to set things straight with her tomorrow morning and if she won't go to counseling then I'll stay home Friday helping her. I can't go on with life knowing she's not okay." I replied.

"Okay, do you want me to come help you in the morning?"

"No. I've got this. Thanks, I'll text you what happens after."

"Goodluck." She told me.