•9•

We run across the soggy grass, getting mud all up the back of our legs. But laughing all the way.

"I can't believe I escaped from your mates, and with you!" Kara exclaimed excitedly, another huge grin spreading across her face.

"I noticed the DUFF quote, what was that about?" I laugh, she laughed too.

"I was watching The DUFF before I came over, Maddison is like my idol. She's such a bitch and 'what the shit?' is my favourite Maddison quote." She laughs some more when I hear her explanation. 

"God, you're different." It was my turn to laugh as we slowed down to a walked.

"So what do you want to do? I'm hungry, want to get some food?" She turns to me. A very serious look on her face. Good, someone else who appreciates food as much as I do.

"Of course, where too?" I was thinking she meant some cafe here, somewhere I hadn't been before. Like all those cliche stories.

"Macinedible." Her face lit up like it was Christmas.

"Macinedible sounds good." I say as she walks off, I trailed behind her.

Kara's gorgeous mousy brown hair swished around at her shoulders. Although it was in a ponytail, it looked fairly long.

Her tan skin was complemented by her blue tank. Her jeans were loose around her legs and ankles. She had to be at least 5'7 and was quite taller than my 5'4.

As we walked I looked around at the gorgeous grounds of Kiran's pack. As the clouds were clearing away, I saw everything in a new light.

The whole pack land was lit up by the fresh sunshine, and the water glistened. There wasn't an ugly building in sight, they were all modern and stylish. Not many packs had the luxuries that the modern world offered.

I was so busy taking it all in I didn't realise Kara had stopped until I walked into her. I hadn't had a chance before, too many pretty mates.

"Sorry, are we here already?" I asked, before I looked at her. I noticed the disgusted expression on her face, and looked at what she was looking at.

Through a window I saw a man and a women standing side by side, hands intertwined. I was confused and looked back at her.

"That's my sister and her mate. They found each other on her 16th birthday, which was a month ago. He's 25 and they are perfect for each other." She said, a sad look crossing through her eyes.

"What's the problem with that?" I ask her, confusion written all over my face.

"She's 5 years younger than me." She whispered, tears forming in her eyes. I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

"It's alright Kara, it is. When you find your mate you'll be as happy as they are. Trust me." I told her softly as she started to cry, hugging her tighter before I pulled away.

Holding her an arms length away, I spoke in a stern voice. "You've gotta stop crying, we need to go inside and get food. Then once we're done we can go back to the house and start making plans to search for your mate. Okay?"

Kara smiled at that. She wiped away her tears, laughing a little. "We don't even know each other and you've already become the best friend I have." She sighed a little.

"Our human sides are the worst side we have." I tell her in a soft voice, grabbing her arm and pulling her inside. It was MacDonald and I was craving a burger.

We got in the cue when and I asked her what she wanted to order. She said she wanted a happy meal with six nuggets and a Fanta. I decided to let her order that herself.

We got to the front of the line quickly, "what would you like?" The girl at the cash register asked us in a bored tone.

"One Cheeseburger with a sprite please." I said before looking at Kara. Who ordered her happy meal. She made sure there would be a toy included.

She was kind of freaking me out.

After she paid for our meal, since I didn't bring any money, we found a table. We had been sitting down for about seven seconds before a girl squealed and yelled out Kara's name.

Kara just sighed before looking up with a fake smile on. "Adelaide, hey." Her voice was cheery, obviously she had been practicing that voice.

The girl we had seen in the window came bounding up to us, her mate trailing after her. "Oh my god, hello. I'm Adelaide, Kara's sister. I didn't realise she had girl friends." She said in an excited tone, obviously happy for her big sister.

"Hey, I'm Haven. Nice to meet you too." I said, a small smile forming on my face.

"Adelaide, Haven is Alpha Kiran's mate. If I was you I would go away." Kara almost growled at her little sister. Both Adelaide and her mate bowed as soon as they heard that.

"I'm so sorry Luna, we'll leave you alone now." They almost ran away, they're tails between their legs.

"Oh no, it's fine, sit down. Please just call me Haven." I asked hurriedly, giving Kara a look. They refused profoundly, before scurrying off.

"Really Kara, just because you're jealous doesn't mean you have to be a bitch." I say angrily. She sighed and looked down.

"I'm sorry Haven, it's just that she's so young and she's already got her mate. I'll probably die before I get mine. Or I'll never find him." She said, shame dripping through her voice.

"Kara, you should be happy for her, don't hate her for her luck. You'll find your mate and you'll be fine. You need to accept that you will have to try to find him. Not give up because you can't find him immediately." My tone was soft, but firm.

Kara shoved another chicken nugget into her mouth. Chewing it up before swallowing. For someone taller than me, she definitely wasn't more mature. Not saying I was mature, but I was more grown up than her.

"You're right, I'm sorry." She said quietly. I smirked at her, changing the mood to one that'll work for immature adults.

"We should buy some beer." I said as the idea formed in my head.

"Are you even legal?" She asks, which causes me to sigh. This plan wasn't going to work if she didn't cooperate. 

"Probably not, but I'm close enough, I won't even be buying it." I tell her, putting my puppy dog eyes on.

Kara looked at me, suspicion weaved through her eyes. "How old are you?" She question me.

"21 on August the 27th."

"That's like half a year away." She exclaimed. Obviously shocked.

"It's only May 15th. It's like a bit less than six months away." I speak in a calm voice.

"Argh fine, but if your boys kill me, I'm going to haunt you." She said, giving in.

I fist pumped the air, "thanks, but they'll be involved." I exclaim excitedly, bouncing in my seat.

This is going to be so much fun.

-whoops forgot to update on Wednesday again. I promise I will update this Wednesday. I will try at least. I'm writing more after this so yeah. Comment what you think.