•46•

"No." She told me.

I was silent for several long seconds. "Well, then, what are you?"

She just looked at me with a pained expression.

Those experiments... They might have changed her DNA. She might not be what she used to be.

I moved towards her and took her hand in mine. Kneeling next to her, I looked up into her eyes.

"Do you know?" I asked her softly.

"No." She said with pain.

"What were you before?" I couldn't help but to pry.

"A werewolf." She said solemnly. "But I haven't heard from my wolf in years. I think she died within the first year of the experiment."

"Oh Sable." I spoke sympathetically. "How did your parents let this happen to you?"

"They died when I was young, and of course, the whole pack blamed me and they subjected me to the experiments." She said, and I could see the anger flash in her blue eyes.

"What asshats." I said with anger.

She burst into laughter. "You certainly have a way with words, miku im." She spoke with happiness.

"Miku im? What language is that?" I question her.

"Albanian. It means my friend. My mumma taught me how to speak it." She said with a small smile on her face. Her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

I placed my bum on the couch next to her and we sat in silence for a few moments.

"Zot. I won't go back!" Sable announced suddenly.

"Don't worry. We won't be going back." I tried to reassure her. Suddenly, she tried to stand up. I rushed to support her. "What are you doing!" I demanded to know while putting her back on the soft couch.

"I need to go!" She said anxiously. Trying to fight me, but she didn't have the strength.

I screamed for Finn while fighting to keep Sable on the seat. "Me ler te shkoj! Let me go!"

Finn scrambled in zipping up his pants. I groaned at him while he took over holding this crazy woman down.

Once she was under control, if you could say Finn telling Dylan to put some chloroform on a cloth and pressing it against Sable's mouth, getting her under control.

"I hope you two weren't left with blue balls after I had to call you away from whatever was going on before." I told them both with a smirk.

And I saw the 'subtle' look they gave each other before facing me with matching grins.

"Nah. We're all good." Dylan said with a secretive smile before waltzing off to the kitchen.

"I internally shuddered." I told Finn, trying to keep the grin off my face.

He laughed. "I'm sure you did. But first, what are we going to do about this."

He was referring to Sable and I, and the fact he broke me out of a hospital with a stolen experiment.

"Well, first off. You've got to go back to work." I told him.

"What!" He exclaimed loudly.

"When's you're next shift?" I asked, he will not question me. I knew how to get away with murder.

I mean, escapades.

"Uhm. Eleven." He answered me cautiously.

"Tonight?" I asked to confirm. I could see the doubt in his eyes.

He needed to trust me.

"Yes. Why do I have to go back to work?" He asked me with an accusing look.

"To direct suspicion off you, you doof." Goddess, why are men so oblivious. Isn't it obvious he needs to seem normal so the Feds, or whoever runs that hospital, don't come after him first.

"Of course. And what shall you do while I'm gone?" Of course he had to ask.

"I'll either be sleeping, or making my escape out of the eyes of everyone who knows me. It'll have to be a lot more planned because I have to include Sable in it. There will probably be a fake death in it." I ramble on.

"So, will I see it?" He spoke after a few moments of silence.

"I guess you'll have to wait till you get back from the hospital, cause I have no idea if I'll end up creating it or dreaming it." I poked my tongue at him and flopped onto the couch with the knocked out Sable.

"How long do you plan to stay here?" Finn seemed to have reservations about that. I knew I was creating havoc for him and his mate.

"As short of time possible. We need to get out of your hair as fast as possible." I spoke solemnly.

"Why?" He ask, I thought I saw sadness flash through his eyes. But maybe I was seeing things.

"Why what?"

"Why do you have to leave soon? Dylan and I don't mind you staying here." Finn's words seemed scrambled, even though I heard every syllable.

"And I thank you for that. But I can't risk the safety of our saviours. We've got to leave ASAP." I told him without a thought. It was just protocol.

"You say this like you've said it before." He pointed out.

"Yes, well, I like to plot things. Escapes, raids, murders, those kind of things. And escaped are all about getting out quickly. Also I watch a lot of TV." I flashed him a smile when he burst into laughter.

"You get this from TV?" He asked between laughs.

"Yes, if you try to escape but hide somewhere for too long, you always get caught. Gotta stay on the run. That's the only safe way to, get away." I tried to be serious, because I was telling the truth.

But Finn's laughter was contagious.

"Dinner's ready!" Dylan called from the kitchen and we rushed to eat. Pushing and shoving like siblings.

"Good. I'm starved." I announced when I saw the three plates filled of food sitting on the retro table.

"Dig in. I saved Sable some, it's just in the oven." Dylan smiled shyly as he took a seat at the table.

"You're so kind Dylan." I said and his cheeks flushed red.

Pulling out the chair closest, I plonked my butt on the odd chair. Picking up my knife and fork, I dug into the steak in front of me.

"This is great." I announced between mouthfuls.

"Thank you." He smiled at me, before turning his attention to Finn. "When are you going back to work babe?"

"In a few hours, it's already dark, so I got to get ready soon." Finn responded before shoving another mouthful of meat into his mouth.

"Hopefully Sable is awake by then." I spoke up.

"Why should I be awake by then?" We all turned to see Sable in the door, leaning on one leg more than the other.

"What are you doing!" I demanded to know, pushing my chair out and rushing to Sable.

I lead her to the chair and pushed her down onto it.

"I woke up in the dark of the lounge room and heard your voices, so I came here." She told us, lifting her head in a way to signify defiance.

I sighed. This will be a long night, and I was hoping she'd be knocked out till then.

-wow two updates, one week. Let's see if I can keep this up.