•17•

"That's because us 'nosey' pack wolves, actually care about one another, and other wolves. Sorry that I tried to care for you and your apparently worthless life." I huff angrily, and decide to leave him.

I'm about three angry steps away from him, when I feel a hand on my shoulder, bring me to a stop.

I turn and rip my shoulder away from his grip, leaving him obviously stunned at my strength.

"What do you want?" I growl at him, still angry at how he reacted to my offer of help. "I don't even know why I bothered to try and help you."

He looked taken aback at my harsh words, I admit they were mean, but I'm not going to let him act like he did. I deserve more than that, especially since all I did was try to help him.

"Look, I'm sorry. I've been on my own for a while, with no one caring for me. So it's hard to accept when people actually say they care." He explains, which caused me to gain some of my previous composure.

I look him dead in the eye, using my alpha stature to intimidate him, so if he was lying, the pressure would make him crack.

"What happened?" I question him cautiously.

He sighed, and I wasn't sure whether it was because I was asking question or his history. "It's a long story." Was his response.

"I have time." I directed a small smile his way, before sitting cross legged on the surprisingly comfortable ground. He didn't react for a while, so I played with the grass blades I was sitting on.

I heard some shuffling, and peeked at him through my eyelashes.

I watched him make himself comfortable on the ground, and then prepare himself for the explanation he owed me. "It all started when I was 7."

He took a pause, and I nodded for him to continue. "My mother was considered the 'pack slut'," he said those words with absolute disgust. "I'm sure she'd slept with just about every male wolf there. Anyone who'd fuck her, did. She was easy and they all knew it."

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I didn't understand why all the other kids didn't like me, and why most of the mothers took their kids away from a place I was at. I could practically clear a park, all because of her.

"One day, when I was about 13, she took it too far. She tried to get with the alpha, I remember her being publicly shamed and banished, along with me.

"All the other wolves classified me as a disgusting offspring, like I shouldn't have existed." He exhaled a shaky breath. "I didn't really understand till we got kicked out, I didn't realise what she was like.

"I remember when it happened, my mum, she just kept on apologising to me. She knew she probably ruined my life, and I knew that too, but she was my mother. She was the only person who's been there for me, so the only thing I could do was stay with her." He had a faint smile on his face, while looking away from me.

It was in that moment I finally noticed just how handsome he really was. It wasn't a boyish look, it was a strong demeanour. Even when he was releasing his secrets, he still looked strong and masculine.

"What happened to her?" I asked softly, I know it was kind of rude to ask, but I felt like I had to know.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "She was killed."

I gasped.

Obviously I picked up the fact she wasn't around, but I didn't think she was... As always, I was oblivious.

"I'm sorry." I gave him a soft smile, which he returned. "What's your name?" My soft voice was the only thing in the silence of the clearing. The birds weren't even chatting, just his voice and mine broke through the haze of the soundless forest.

He finally looked up, and held eye contact with me. "Titan." He mumbled before breaking the lingering eye contact.

"Titan." I said and smiled. "Well, Titan, would you like to be apart of a pack?"

He looked at me, carefully. Scanning ever feature visible. I shifted uncomfortably, pushing the shirt further down into my lap. All that did was draw his attention to my legs and private parts.

I coughed awkwardly and he looked away quickly, I watched a red blush climbed up his neck. "Sorry," he shrugged with an awkward laugh. "I'd love to join you pack..." He trailed off.

That reminded me I hadn't told him my name. "Haven. My names Haven." I smiled at the smile that had appeared on his face.

"Nice." He laughed at the smirk that worked its way onto my face.

"We should go then." I said, getting up and starting to walk back. Turning around the see if Titan was coming.

He wasn't. "Shouldn't we shift, or something?" He wondered out loud.

"Nah, that'll seem slightly threatening to some of the other males in the pack." With my words I give a roll of my eyes. Boys are so stupid.

"Alright." He agreed and started back with me.

I can't believe it's been over 5 years since we met. We were now just watching some dumb show on TV. I turned to him. "I can't believe it's been 5 years since we met."

"Holy crap, has it actually been 5 years?" He almost squealed.

"Yes! It doesn't feel that long. Or does it feel longer?"

He started to think. "I feel like I've known you forever." He smiled, looking at me with his naturally soft smile. "Haven, I-"

"Haven!" Kara squealed. "There you are, we've been looking for you."

I smiled apologetically at Titan, before getting up and meeting Kara half way. "Why have you been looking for me?" I wondered.

She pulled me into a hug before responding. "We want to thank you for helping us through that awkward bit." She beamed.

That's when I noticed Roman standing awkwardly at the door. He soon walked over and wrapped his arms around Kara's waist. "It's no problem guys." I smiled at how happy they already seemed.

He kissed her cheek, and when she turned her head to kiss him back, I saw her mark. "He marked you!" I shrieked in surprise.

All I got was two shy looks.

-well I updated when I said I would. Only got this written cause I've spent two hours + in the car and was bored. I'm sorry it so boring.