•41•

"A women had pulled me into the fade, she greeted me as soon as I had entered. She was happy I had come, responding to her call, she told me she wasn't sure anyone would receive it, let alone come to her assistance." Sharron told me with a small smile.

"She was very beautiful, long blonde curls flowing down her back. She wore a white dress that flowed around her ankles. But so did almost everyone else who belonged to the fade."

It couldn't have been.

"Haven, it was your mother." She told me softly, a beautiful smile caressed her face. And in that moment, I realised what my father loved about her.

"What did she say?" I chocked out, trying to push down the lump in my throat.

"She needed someone to protect her child, the child who she had been stolen from." Sharron told me with a motherly smile.

"She needed you?"

"You're mama knew you were powerful, she needed someone who was also powerful to care for you."

"But... You haven't cared for me." My voice cracked at that.

"Maybe not in a motherly way, but I've watched over you since I was asked to. I knew it was important. Then one day, I met your father." She smiled to hers.

"Was it on purpose? Are you marrying him to look after me? You can't do that to a person!" My voice wavered at the end.

"Haven, I didn't mean to meet your father. It was an accidental meeting. At first, I didn't even know it was your father." She looked me directly in the eyes, like she was trying to gain my trust without lies.

"How were you watching me without seeing my father?" I asked, confused.

"I wasn't watching everything you did. I saw you in my dreams, I watched what was going on in your life, inside my head. I didn't pay attention to the small things, but the important things. The things that define you and your life." She told me with a sigh.

I sighed out loud and my body physically sagged from exhaustion. "I don't understand you, Sharron."

"What don't you understand about me?" She asked me cautiously. Seeming to withdraw as I started to open up.

"Everything. I mean you seemed like such a bitch!" I told her with a shrug.

"I think that's a bit harsh, Haven." She scoffed at me.

"No, really, like I felt like you were trying to steal my whole life from me. It was ridiculous." And maybe I was being a bit dramatic about it all, but come on, she acted like that.

"I'm sorry you felt like that. But I never tried to take anything from you. I tried to protect you more, I'm sorry for that Haven." She explained to me.

"Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with him?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Who, your father?"

I nodded.

"Of course I do. Why do you need to ask that?" Her face echoed her words.

"It's-" All of a sudden, an extreme pain shot through my body. My body tried to curl itself into a ball but the restraints held me back and all I could do was scream in agony.

I heard Sharron's voice but I couldn't understand it. The pain was so crippling, like nothing is ever experienced.

I felt like I was being ripped apart from the inside.

I was screaming and I could feel hot tears streaming down my face. I barely heard the loud bang of the door closing. Then the loud boom of it being slammed open.

People rush in, tearing the ropes from my body. Freeing me and I hunched over. Hugging myself with my arms.

I felt someone lift me and then place me on some form of stretcher. The world around me started to spin as I felt the stretcher rise and then the slight bounces that the movement made. It soon began to fade as the pain intensified.

I opened my eyes briefly, too see where we were, trying to see past the pain. I could barely see past the black dots in my vision. The black dots of extreme pain.

"Haven, hold in there. You'll be fine soon." I saw Sharron past the pain. I only just heard her.

Her face held worry and I didn't know if I believed her. How could I get past something that feels like it's killing me.

I don't think I'll be able to get past this pain.

The kind of pain that is indescribable. So intense, so paralysing. The pain was misery.

I wanted to scream out. To cry. To punch something. But I couldn't. It hurt too much to do anything, and I could feel a blackness pulling me.

A pain free blackness.

The painful jolts of the stretcher bumping with movement increased, as they must have sped up.

Suddenly I felt a pain triple the one I felt before. It was torture.

All of this is torture.

Maybe it would be better to let the pain free black take me in. It would be a warm hug compared to this.

"Haven!" And then I heard the voice.

The voice I knew so well.

"Haven! Hold in there!" And there it was again. The oh so familiar voice. The one I knew but I couldn't place.

I couldn't tell if I was imagining it, or if it was really there. If my pain stricken mind was giving me the comfort of the voice of someone I love. I couldn't tell.

"Haven! You'll be alright! Just hold in there." And there is was again. I felt like it was caressing me.

"Hold her steady." It was another voice.

I felt hands pull me apart. Pull me from my pained position. Every movement was painful, agonising, misery.

I tried to relax my muscles, but I couldn't. They couldn't.

They felt like they were going to break of my limbs. It felt like I had died and my muscles had cooled to the point where they were stuck.

"She's so cold, so tense and cold."

I was dying.

"I can't find her heartbeat!" I heard someone yell.

"She's having a reaction!"

-let's pretend it's Sunday and not Monday