•38•

When Kiran started to laugh, I told him that I was also laughing at him. He shut up immediately.

I chuckled. "I'm tired." I told them suddenly. It was fair after the morning I had. But they didn't need to know that.

Josh looked at me. "It's 3 in the afternoon." He said, humour laced his voice.

"I think I need a nana nap." I told them all with a yawn.

"Are you getting old Ven?" My dad asked with a chuckle.

"Don't you have something to do?" I asked him, in a very bitchy voice.

"Yeah I do. See you boys around." He said to the boys, picking up on my tone and choosing to push me away.

I'm being such a bitch lately and I don't even know why. Always trying to start fights when I shouldn't be.

I don't know what's happening.

"I'm going to go to bed." I told the boys, before racing out into the hall.

I got two calls of "see ya," from Josh and Kiran. Before I couldn't hear them anymore.

I caught my dad in the hall. "I'm sorry, dad. I shouldn't be talking to you like that." I told him sincerely, after jogging to catch up.

"It's alright princess. Is it taking over again? Do you need to see Liam again?" He asked, starting to sound worried.

"I don't know. I think I can control it this time. I'll make sure to tell you if I need him." I said softly. Making sure the passing couple didn't hear much.

"I'll be keeping an eye on you, Ven. Are you going to tell Josh and Kiran?" Dad asked me, the question flooded my mind but was blocked out by other things.

"I don't think I will." I said with a yawn.

"Why not?" He asked me, confused as we headed into his office.

"Because I don't think they need to know. It'll confuse them, or they'll judge me for it." I said with a new sadness.

"They're your mates, they won't judge you." He said with shock.

"They wouldn't understand!" I said loudly, and exasperated. A frown making its way onto my face.

"They'd try." He said sadly. Closing the door to his office behind him.

"But I don't want them to try. They don't need that resting on their shoulders and weighing on their minds."

"They'd want it." He tried to reason with me. But it was useless.

"They shouldn't need to." I told him. "Mates should be independent, but rely on each other when they need to."

"Haven, that's not how mates work. And you'll need them for this. " Dad said with a sigh.

"But that's how it should be. You shouldn't need them for everything, they shouldn't be your life! That'll destroy you." My voice was rising. 

"Lower your voice Haven. People will here you." Dad said in a hushed voice.

"I don't care. I don't need them for everything. I was fine without them before, I don't need to rely on them for everything." I shouted.