•39•

It was cold. So, so cold. I felt like I was lying on ice. I assumed I was shaking. My body felt like it would respond. Frozen but maybe, responsive.

And that felt better than what I could remember. Not being able to control my body was worse that I'd ever thought it would be.

Like I was frozen.

But now I was freezing, maybe my body would wake up and listen to my brain.

"Haven?" A voice called to me. Sensing my consciousness she called to me gently. Like an angle.

I heard someone groan, but it took me a few seconds to realise it had come from my mouth.

"Get her up." The voice commanded and I felt myself be lifted from the cold, hard spot I was lying on. I wished I could place the gentle voice, but my mind was filled with other things.

The hands against me were rough, but whoever commanded them either didn't care, or notice. The rough hands put me on a warmer surface. It felt wooden through my thin pyjama shirt and I could feel the smoothness against my bare legs.

At least they hadn't tried to change me.

I could feel their eyes on me as a rough rope was tied around my body, obviously to support my body and hold me to the chair. I felt another one wrap around my ankles, securing one to each leg.

All I wanted to do was respond.

I heard foot steps that slowly faded, and then heard a large body slip into a chair and let out a sigh.

Listening to his breathing, I waited for his breaths to even out, like he was relaxing, I couldn't focus with him watching me.

I had to focused on my fingers. Baby steps. Come on, come on! Lift, up. Up. Up!

I felt my left index finger lift and drop back down onto the chair it was resting on. It was a small movement, but a large accomplishment.

The word yes was swimming around in my head, excitement filling me.

And I heard a breathy yes escape me.

I spoke! My body was finally responding to my mind, my commands.

I realised I could do it. I could wake up!

I needed to open my eyes. Focusing on pulling the lids up to uncover my eyes.

Slowly, although steadily, I could feel the cells in my body receive the message my brain was sending to them, and they started to pull the lids apart.

At first it was painfully bright, but I quickly adjusted as there actually wasn't that much light.

From what I could tell, there was just one small bulb above my head, barely lighting the room.

I couldn't move my head, and it was painfully on its side. I couldn't see anything beside what was directly in front of me, I noticed a hard stone floor, and the walls were dark.

Nothing had felt more like it was out of a horror movie.

My body started to awaken. The cells started to move faster, respond to the electric commands of my brain.

I slowly lifted my head, wishing I could rub my neck as it was at an awkward angle, which I assumed would cause me pain for the next day. Just what I need to break out.

My eyes moved around to find the guard who sat to my left. He was a big guy, muscular and had an arm covered in tattoos. Not too attractive but had a powerful ora that seemed to surround him.

"How nice it is to see your gorgeous eyes." He said with a kind smile.

I couldn't get my voice to work, so after a few small, open mouths, he continued. "It'll take a while for the drugs to wear off, but your body should be responding fully in a short while."

I nodded once, the sharp movement causing me pain, but I was more confused as why he was acting so kind. I was meant to be his prisoner, not his friend.

I would have assumed he was told to treat me with little kindness. But maybe, he didn't follow those instructions well.

Soon he stood up and left the small cell, I assumed to fetch whoever knew I was to wake up.

He had walked around me and disappeared, so I assumed there was a door there, painfully I couldn't turn my body, and barely turn my head.

So I wouldn't be able to tell who it was until they were almost directly in front of me.

The obviously steel door slammed open and I heard the click of heels as a, I assumed, women rushed in.

I had closed my eyes and dropped my head in the few minutes the guard was gone, and now they felt so heavy, it was hard to find the strength to pull them back open.

The clicking stopped, and realised she was in front of me. The door behind me closed shut with a hard click.

"Who are you?" I asked, without moving. Immediately shocked racked my body as I heard myself speak.

"Open your eyes." The guards voice echoed around the cell. Urging me to obey.

I didn't respond. Just keeping my eyes closed and my breathing steady. I wanted to scream in the confined space. I didn't know what to expect when I opened my eyes, didn't want to find out.

But I had to.

I opened my eyes and stared at the floor in front of me. It was dark and hard to see, no matter how close I was to it, there just wasn't enough light.

"Haven." The guard ordered, using my name and I wasn't surprised he knew it.

Of course he did.

I finally obeyed and slowly took in the women in from of me. I wasn't expecting her to be standing with her back facing me.

She wore black pumps with red insides, obviously Louboutin, dark denim jeans and a dark, tight shirt. The only thing bright about her was the blonde hair that cascaded down her back. 

Slowly she turned around. I was shocked to see who was standing in front of me.

"Hello, my darling."

-and I hope that satisfied many of you. I tried to slow things completely down and tried to be more descriptive.
Early update as the chapter was ready, I can't wait till Sunday, and I'm busy all Sunday so it's on Friday.