•30•

It was Kara. Thank god.

I was standing next to the door, and so I pulled it open and threw myself into her arms.

"What are you doing here?" I question her, a tear slipping from my eye and onto he bare shoulder.

"You yell loudly." She muttered into my hair. "What's wrong baby?"

"Can we talk somewhere else?" I ask into her shoulder.

"Yeah, of course. Come on." She pulled away and I went to close the door.

"You're just going to leave, like that?" Josh asked, angry and astonished.

"Bye Kiran." I said, before closing the door softly, completely ignoring Josh.

"Where do you want to go?" She asks, wrapping her arm around my shoulders.

"Outside." I said as more tears start to overflow.

"Sure, let's go." And she leads me to dark forest outside. Although it was about 4am in the morning. We'd get at least another two hours of darkness.

"I'm going to shift." I mumble to her.

"Sure thing." She smiles at me, knowing that letting my wolf free would make me feel a little bit better.

I went behind a tree and pulled my clothes off as quickly as I could, stuffing them under some roots that stuck out of the ground. I let my body start its change into Amazon.

I hadn't heard from my wolf in too long, and I'm sure she'd appreciate the change.

Feeling my bones crack, I quickly became my russet wolf. Stepping out from behind the tree, I heard a gasp.

Turning my direction to Kara's still human form, I quirked my head in a questioning look.

"The black spot of colour on your face." She told me softly.

I looked tried to shift my eyes to it, confused, and then looked back at her.

"It's the same colour as Kiran's wolves coat." I must have looked confused. So she continued. " His wolf is black, and he has a brown, well more russet, spot like yours. Same shape and position now I think about it."

I felt my jaw drop.

I guess, even if we have the opposite coats, Josh would have to have it too.

Just as I thought that, I heard Kara squeal. "Holy crap! So does Josh!" She told me excitedly.

No way in hell.

"What does that mean?" She wondered out loud. Thinking for a second. "Oh shit, strongest mate bond. My mamma told me about it."

She was jumping up and down in excitement.

Does that mean...

"Honestly, I'm not surprised that you guys are meant to have the strongest bond." Even though I couldn't speak to her, it's like she knew what I was saying.

But we couldn't...

"Okay, well, I'm going to shift now, and we'll talk after we have a run." She said, walking behind the opposite tree, leaving me with my thoughts.

I didn't even think about it.

Even though we have been fighting, we are meant to have the strongest bond? Maybe that's what happens when your bond it overpowering.

I want to scream in frustration, but all I can do is string a bunch of curse words together, and not even have them come out of my mouth.

Calm down Haven, you should be proud, not freaking out.