•49•

Finally, I was back. We had just stepped onto Blue Sky land and I already felt back at home. I hadn't realized how much I really missed this place, I don't even know how long I've been gone for. The time in the hospital had faded into one dark time and I have no idea how many days I was actually in there for.

I can only guess too long.

We were immediately met by 3 guards.

"Alpha Haven?" Asked the leading guard. I recognized him to be Leo, a 34 year old who joined the pack to be with his mate.

"That's me, sweet cheeks." I smiled.

The sun was setting fast, and I just wanted to collapse into a bed, both my mates on either side of me.

"Who is that?" Leo asked, the guards seemed on edge.

"This is Sable, she's with me." I told him. "Now, where are my mates?"

We all started walking back to the pack house, when we saw a large wolf sprinting towards us.

The scent of chocolate and oranges drifted towards me. It was Josh!

Shifting right in front of us, he pulled me into a big hug. He buried his face into my hair and started muttering jumbled words.

When he pulled back, he held me at arms length and looked me over. "You're different." He announced.

"A lot has happened." I said with a grimace.

He pulled me in for a kiss. When I tried to turn it into more, I felt a twitch against my lower abdomen and heard a low growl.

"Sorry to break up the reunion but can we go inside, I'm dead tired!" Sable interjected and we pulled back.

"And who the fuck are you?" Josh growled at her.

"Oi, this girl saved my life. You be nice now." I told him the twat of a mate I was lucky enough to be back with.

He sighed, "Lets go inside."

As we walked, we fell to the back as Sable started to talk to the young guard that was with Leo.

"You might want to put some pants on." I mentioned softly.

"I'm confident with what I've got." He said proudly.

"Yeah, well, I'm not happy for any of these girls to see what you've got." I muttered back.

He laughed and jogged off. Coming back after about five seconds with a pair of shorts on, he wrapped his arm around my neck.

"You've only just got back and already you're telling me what to do?" He muttered lightheartedly.

"Well, someones got to. And I know you missed me." I joked.

"Of course I missed you." His face went blank.

"What did you do while I was gone?" I asked, expecting him to say they were searching for me the whole time.

"Nothing. Kept your pack running, I guess." He said monotone.

What! They didn't even care enough to look for me?

"Oh." Was what I said before we walked into the pack house.

"I'll show you to your room." I said to Sable as we entered the hallway.

"What about Alpha Dan? Should you introduce Sable to him first?" Leo asked me, but it was more like he was suggesting it to me.

"We're both really tired and-"

"Just do it." Josh interrupted.

I grunted, not liking being told what to do, and told Sable to follow me.

We walked to the office and I knew my father was in there, with a sigh I pushed in.

"Haven." Was all he said, not looking up from the desktop in front of him.

"This is Sable, she will be staying here." I told him, trying to keep my anger in check until we were alone. I'd scream at him then.

"Until when?" He asked, looking over the top of the screen at the girl next to me.

"Until she wants to leave." I made it clear that she was here because I wanted her to be here, she would stay until she didn't want to anymore.

"Right then, she can leave now. We need to talk." He said, looking back down at the screen in front of him.

"I'll take her there and come back when I feel like talking." I said and moved to the door.

"You'll do as I say!" My father roared at me, putting on his alpha voice that would make anyone want to crawl into a corner. Looking at Sable, she wanted to run out of this room ASAP.

"I really don't think you have the right to get angry at me with what you've done." I left him in a stunned silence and pushed Sable out of the room.

Putting my hand on her arm, I could tell how nervous she was. "Sorry you had to witness that."

"It's alright, I can't believe you stood up to him. He's scary." She said, chewing her lip.

"He's my father, he doesn't scare me. He's a great guy, you just met him on a bad day." I told her, leading her to a room in the common part of the pack house.

She didn't say anything, only nodded. We walked up a flight of stairs and I led her to a room at the end of the long hallway.

Pushing open the door on the left, I let her walk in first. "This will be your room." I smiled at her shocked look.

"This is too much." She said, not going any further into the room, just standing in the entrance.

"This is nothing. I'll get someone to bring you more clothes later. Come down stairs when you're hungry, there will be food for you." I smiled at her as she took some hesitant steps forward.

"Thank you." She whispered before flinging herself to hug me. "I will repay you."

"Your happiness with be enough for me." I smiled into her shoulder as I hugged her back.

She pulled back and had a few tears rolling down her face.

"The bathroom is just over there," I pointed to one of the other doors in the room. "And the closet is just next to it. It adjoins onto the bathroom."

"I'll have a shower now." She announced.

"I'll get clothes sent to your room for when you are out." She nodded and disappeared into the en suite bathroom. I closed the bedroom door behind me as I walked to the other side of the pack house. It was a lot larger than I had remembered.

So much walking. I noted as I realized how exhausted I was. It was dark outside and a chill was setting in. The heaters hadn't been turned on yet and the hall we cold.

I went to the kitchen first, grabbing a block, or 3, of chocolate. I went to my room.

It was exactly how it was when I went to sleep. The only difference was the bed, it was unmade and the blankets were hanging off the side.

I ditched the backpack I had been wearing since the early hours of the morning and went into the bathroom with my multiple blocks of chocolate.

Turning on the tap, the bathtub started to fill up. Rummaging through the draws, I found a black bath bomb and threw that into the rising water. The water quickly turned black.

I stripped off and, with a block of milk chocolate, I got into the steaming water.

-i hope this chapter is acceptable, I'm getting to the end of the book guys!