•43•

His face went serious. "You're kidding, right?"

"Of course." I laughed at him.

He let out a sigh of relief and sat next to me. I probably looked as excited as I felt.

"What is it?" It's like he knew I wanted to ask him something. It was probably written on my face.

I was just so excited to have him as my friend!

I let out an excited squeal/sigh and opened my mouth to speak. "Okay! Sodoyouhaveaboyfriend?" I asked in a rush.

He looked at me with slight confusion before asking, "did you just ask if I have a boyfriend?"

"Yep!" I smiled excitedly at him.

He sighed. "Are you normally this excitable?"

"Well, most of the time, yeah." I told him with, what I liked to call, a baby grin.

"I have a mate." He told me.

"Nice! Can I meet him?" I asked happily.

"I barely know you, Haven. You can't just meet the mate of somebody you barely know." He scolded me.

"Yeah I can, you just got to introduce me." I smiled cheekily up at him, looking threw my eyelashes.

He sighed.

"You can do anything!" I told him gleefully.

"No, only you can do anything." He told me with a scowl.

"What does that mean?" I asked defensively.

"Not only were you born an alpha, you are going to have the biggest pack in the world when you and your mates combine packs. You can physically do anything." He said.

"I can't do just anything. There are people to stop me from doing a lot of things." I told him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you know how unacceptable gay is in our community? Even though the goddess doesn't care, the people around us do. And a lot of people don't accepted that they're gay, and there for their mate is rejected." He told me with a dark look and angry tone.

"I... I wasn't aware of that. I'm sorry." I apologised.

"How could you have known. It's unspoken of. No one care about us anyway." He was still angry.

"Well, now I'm aware of this. I can now do something about it!" I told him confidently.

"Just forget about it Haven. It doesn't matter."

"Of course it matters, why would you say it doesn't matter?" I asked.

"Because it doesn't affect the majority."

"But if affects a large part. So I believe it should be discussed. Everyone should accept it for what it is, true love." I had made my point and ended up leaving him speechless.

"You're amazing Haven." He said admirably.

I laughed. "If you say so. Now, it's time to break me out."

"What!" He seemed shocked.

Oh, he thought I was going to stay here. Ha, like that'll happen.

"Well, we've got a lot of things to do!" I exclaimed.

"Uh... What sort of things?" He asked me nervously.

"Like meeting your mate! And I want to find out where exactly I am." I told him, looking at the door.

"Haven?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you feel your wolf yet?"

I tried to swallow the lump that had formed in the back of my throat. "I'm not sure if I can."

"Please explain."

"I'm not sure if I want to so badly that my mind is pretending I can, or if she is there, very far back, but still there." I looked down at my folded hands.

He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Can we go now?"

"Let me get your clothes." He exited the room and I let out a small squeal.

He's actually going to let me leave.

Huh. I didn't think I'd get this far. Now I'm not sure what to do.

I looked down at my hospital gown.

"This looks shit." I said aloud.

"Of course it does, it's a hospital gown. Not a ball gown." Finn said as he entered the room. My clothes in his arms.

"I'm glad you're gay, otherwise I'd be extremely embarrassed about you seeing my underwear." I told him with a laugh.

"Really?" He asked, slightly shocked.

I laughed again. "Nah, I probably wouldn't care."

He let out a breath. "I didn't think so."

"What does that mean?" I asked in confusion.

"You just don't seem like the type of girl who would actually care if someone saw their underwear."

"Awe, thanks Finn." I said in a cute voice.

He laughed and threw my clothes at me.

I didn't catch them. They hit me and were strewn all over the bed.

"Thanks." I muttered as I collected the clothing. "Turn around."

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." Finn said as he turned to face the white wall.

"Oh shut up." I groaned at him and started to slip my underwear up and under my hospital gown.

"Are you finished yet?" Finn asked impatiently after I had clipped my bra on.

"No."

"Hurry up." He told me.

I growled at him and threw the hospital gown on the ground. Quickly I pulled the skinny jeans on.

"These aren't mine." I groaned again.

"Oh yeah. But it's your underwear." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"What happened to my clothes?" I asked with a frown. Looking down at the shirt in my hands and the jeans on my legs.

"They threw them away." He said casually.

"What!" I yelled at him.

He turned. "What?"

"Why did they throw my clothes away?!" I asked angrily.

"They just do that. So here are new ones. They fit, don't they?" He said.

"Well, I haven't tried the shirt on." I said warily. It was a pink shirt and the jeans were a dark wash.

"Put it on." He told me.

I slid the shirt over my head and it was a perfect fit. "How?"

"They know your size and they have the clothes folded in a box outside your room." He chuckled and reached to the ground next to him. "Come put these on."

I walked over and he passed me a brown pair of boots. They were knee high and had a wedge heel. Inside them were a pair of socks.

Resting against the bed, I pulled the socks on and quickly unzipped the boots. Pulling them on and doing them up, they were a perfect fit.

"That's freaky." I confessed.

"It is." He replied.

"Can we go now?" I asked with a grin.

"Hells yeah we can." I laughed and he opened the door for me. "Ladies first."

And I was free.

-sorry for falling off the face of the earth. I've been in trouble lately so the updates won't be very regular.