•45•

We were sitting in the small lounge room of Finn's two bedroom home. Sable had multiple thick blankets wrapped around her. She was sipping at a large cup of tea on the opposite side of the room to me.

Finn was talking to his younger partner in the kitchen. Saying he was in shock when he opened the door, would be an understatement.

Yet he still offered us tea when Finn had asked him to save his questions for later. If one of my mates brought home two girls, I certainly wouldn't have saved my questions for later.

I could hear parts of their conversation, Dylan was distressed, having two strange women in his home seemed to freak him out. Maybe I should go intervene.

No. That's probably a bad idea, I hardly know these men, I could make it worse.

"Haven?" I heard Finn call.

"Coming." I answered, quickly jumping to my feet.

Sable had looked up at me. I told her to stay, she needed to keep her weight off that leg.

I walked into their pink kitchen. The walls were awful off white panels, and the cupboards were light pink. There was a retro red table pushed up against a wall with three different wooden chairs sitting around it. The stove and fridge looked crazy expensive, which just made everything confusing.

"We haven't been bothered to change it." Dylan, Finn's mate, spoke up. He must have noticed me looking around.

"I don't care." Finn told Dylan and I.

"I'm starting to." Dylan retorted.

"Maybe an update would be a good idea." I suggested with a wobbly smile. Trying to make a joke.

"Screw you Haven. Do you want me to spend money?" Finn asked me with a snarl.

"You should do anything to make your mate happy, you doof." I told him.

Dylan moved in my direction. "I don't know this girl, but I think I like her more than I like you right now." He said to Finn.

"I don't believe you." Finn said to Dylan.

"Do you have a mate babe?" Dylan turned to me and asked with a cheeky wink.

"Yeah. Two actually. But I'm sure I can make room for you." I chuckled at Dylan and smiled a toothy smile.

"Oh shit. I take that back. But until you fix my kitchen. We aren't mates and I don't know you." Dylan was so sassy. I've never met anyone like this.

I freaking love it.

"Anyway, I called you in to introduce you two. Haven, this is Dylan. Dylan, Haven." Finn said. Looking at Dylan to see his reaction.

"How did you two meet?" Dylan asked.

Finn looked at me and I nodded. "I was her doctor. She had a seizure from her body reacting to a drug she was given to suppress her wolf. She needed to get out of there. So I helped her."

"Why did you need to get out?" Dylan asked, looking at me.

"That's classified. I'm sorry but you know I can't tell you everything that happens there." Finn said.

"It's because my wolf is so old that it has more blackness than other people's wolves. And it's turning me evil as all hell. So they were suppressing it to try and help me." I told Dylan.

"Oh wow." Was all he said.

"I don't want my wolf to be suppressed. But I also don't want to become evil. And at the moment, that's where I am heading." I said solemnly.