Chapter 7

I walked down to the common room, hoping Harry was there. Like I had thought, he was there, talking to Ron.

"HARRY!" I exclaimed, tackling him like I always did.

"Lily, don't do that!" Harry scowled.

"What, you don't love me or something?" I said, trying to annoy him.

"I do!" Harry said.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"No- CHEATER!" Harry exclaimed.

I may have picked up a thing or two from Ava.

"You're evil, Lily," Harry sighed.

"Thanks. It must run in the family," I snickered.

Ron just sat there, bored.

Harry started talking to Ron again. I rolled my eyes and hurried back up to my dormitory.

"Hey," Ava said, looking up. She was holding some sort of book.

"What's that?" I asked, eying the enchanted photo album that she was looking through.

She jumped, slamming the book shut and shoving it under her pillow.

"Oh- it's just a book- I forced my Uncle Lucius to buy it. Or cousin. Something like that," she replied quickly, sounding suspicious.

"Why your uncle? Why not your dad?" I asked.

"Er... my dad is... in Azkaban..."

Her face turned bright red.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know," I trailed off. I didn't know what Azkaban was, but it was obviously really bad. Well that was awkward.

"I need to get dressed, and do my hair, and stuff like that, so, yeah... I'll be back," I said quickly, grabbing my stuff, and running towards the bathroom.

**********

We walked into the Transfiguration classroom, to find a cat sitting on the teachers desk. By we, I meant Harry, Ron, and I.

"We made it!" I said breathlessly.

"Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron said in relief.

The cat jumped off the desk and turned into the woman with emerald colored robes. I must of leaped ten feet in the air.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed, a grin spreading across his face.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure yourself or one of the Potters into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time," McGonagall said.

"Sorry, Professor. We got lost in the corridors," Harry explained.

That was actually true. The staircases kept moving, and some ghost person kept throwing water balloons at us.

"Then perhaps a map. Surely you won't need one to find your seats?" McGonagall said.

There were only three (obviously, one for each of us) open seats left. One person was sitting alone, so that meant someone was going to have to sit with him. Not that I minded meeting new people, but it would be nice to sit with someone I already knew.

Harry and Ron sat down at a table together before I could even process what had happened.

Meanies.

I scanned the room, looking for Hermione. I finally spotted her, and she was already sitting with another Gryffindor girl. She shot me an apologetic look, and I nodded my head, as if saying not to worry about it.

Reluctantly, after accepting the fact that there were no other open seats, I took a seat next to a boy with blonde hair, grey eyes, and a Slytherin uniform. He was the same boy that I had met on the train, and let me tell you, he wasn't too nice.

"As I was saying, today we will be learning simple transfiguration. We will be turning a needle into a stone.
"Watch carefully. To do this, all you have to do is wave your wand in this motion, and say clearly, 'Transfigure'!"

The needle turned into a stone immediately.

"Don't forget the most important part. Think about what the needle is going to turn into while performing the spell. Begin!"

Seemed simple enough.

I took out my wand, but stopped when I got a feeling that someone was watching me. I turned around, and the boy sitting next to me was staring at me. What in the holy pancakes?

"Take a picture, it will last longer!" I snapped. Hehe. I remembered when I said that to the hippo.

"Do you know who I am?" he sneered, looking at me like I had ten heads.

"Yeah, we met, dingus," I snickered. "You're the blonde Slytherin who thinks he's better than everyone."

He rolled his eyes and started to attempt to transfigure the needle.

"Well, are you going to tell me your name?" I asked impatiently. "Because I've forgotten already, you weren't important enough to stick in my memory."

Merlin, that kid was annoying. I know I'd already gotten into it with him before, but I honestly forgot his name.

"Draco. Draco Malfoy."

"I'm-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know," Malfoy interrupted.

Attitude much... Whatever, I was just going to start on my work.

"Transfigure!" I said clearly, making the correct circular motion with my wand.

Nothing happened.

"Transfigure!" I said again.

Nothing happened.

"Transfigure, you dumb needle!" I half yelled, waving my wand randomly.

I heard a chuckle.

"What's funny, Malfoy?" I said.

"Nothing, Potter," he snapped, the smile instantly leaving his face.

That's what I thought.

"Good work, Miss Granger! The first one! Five points to Gryffindor!" McGonagall said happily, taking the stone. She dropped it into a jar full of rocks on her desk. She must've had a lot of those.

"Transfigure!" I said loudly and clearly, trying to sound like Hermione.

My needle made a quiet popping noise, and turned into a smooth stone.

"YES!" I yelled, jumping on my chair.

"Miss Potter, good job, but I don't think it is quite necessary to jump on your chair," Professor Mcgonagall smiled.

I apologized, and jumped down. Hogwarts was so much better than living with the Dursleys!