Chapter 5

I felt someone smack me in the head with a pillow. It was our usual Hogwarts wake-up call. Since I wasn't a morning person at all, I was always the one getting smacked.

I groaned, rolling out of bed and onto the floor dramatically. I opened my eyes to see Ava standing over me creepily, pillow in hand. I scowled, but got up anyways. I noticed that Lavender, Ginny, and Parvati were already gone.

"Good morning to you too," Ava snickered.

Looking at Ava, I realized that I still hadn't told her about the whole World Cup thing, with her mum and Lucius Malfoy. I just didn't want her to get upset.

"I wonder if Snape still won't let Ron and I sit by each other," I pondered as I searched my trunk for my uniform. "Guess I'll have to test that theory today."

"To be fair, you two do cause quite a disruption when you sit by each other," Hermione said. She was already fully dressed and ready to go, of course.

"It's a lifestyle," I sighed dramatically.

I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth, and then changed into my uniform. I did light makeup like always, just mascara, highlight, and lipgloss. I ran my brush through my hair as quickly as I could, but it was difficult because of how long it was.

"Ugh, I'm literally about to throw this brush out the window and straight into the Great Lake!" I cried, yanking it through a knot.

"Do it," Olivia said.

"Fine-"

"I didn't actually mean do it, you crazy lady!" Olivia stopped me.

Eventually, after my hair crisis, I was ready. I had decided to roll up my skirt a bit like I'd seen the other older girls do before, and it looked much better, to be honest. I skipped down the steps, and found Fred, George, and Lee in the common room.

"Lily!" George said, spotting me. "Finally you're here. Here's our idea- an aging potion."

"An aging potion?" I raised an eyebrow, looking between the three of them. They looked genuinely convinced that it would work. "There's no way that would fool Dumbledore. I mean, how could somebody not think about an aging potion? It's too obvious."

"See, that's why it's so brilliant," Lee grinned. "Because it's so simple."

"If you say so," I snickered.

"Oh, come on, Lily," Fred groaned. "You have to help us! You're good at this stuff, we're stuck-"

"You guys are supposed to be better at this stuff than me!" I said. "I'll do the best I can, but right now, the best thing is for you to come with me to breakfast. I'm starving."

I pulled Fred away by the hand.

"No fair, you always steal him!" George called after us.

"Too bad, so sad! You can have him back later," I shouted. I glanced at Fred, who looked rather pale. "Why do you look so pale? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," Fred smiled down at me. "Georgie and I were just up late, we were working on some new products. Sleep is for the weak, right?"

"You guys are really serious about Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes," I said. "I'm telling you, you should really sell that stuff to students here. They'd buy it so quick, probably to get out of class. I would. Take advantage of those little first and second years."

"Your brain works in evil ways sometimes, y'know that?" Fred said. "I like it. We're already planning to sell it, we just need to finish testing it first. Make sure that it won't do anything weird, like make you grow horns or something."