Chapter 9

"WHAT?" I cried, in reaction to what Wood had just told the Quidditch team.

"Why?" a few people asked. The whole team was angry. Very, very angry.

Apparently, our first match of the season- against Slytherin- had turned into our first match of the season against Hufflepuff. I didn't think Wood understood just how much I wanted to beat the crap out of those slimy Slytherins, and most importantly, Draco Malfoy. It would wipe the smirk right off of his face.

"Flint just told me that it's because their seeker's arm isn't fully healed yet. It's a straight lie," Wood explained angrily. "They just don't want to play in this weather. Think it will ruin their chances."

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm," Harry shouted furiously. "He's faking it! He's-"

"We know he's faking it, Harry, but there's nothing we can do to prove it," Wood said. "We've been training to go against Slytherin, too, but Hufflepuff has a whole different style of playing. They've got a new captain and seeker, Cedric Diggory-"

Wood was interrupted by Angelina and Alicia giggling.

"What's so funny?" Wood frowned, obviously annoyed.

"He's that tall, handsome one, isn't he?" Angelina said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Strong and silent," Alicia said, and her and Angelina began giggling like mad again.

George seemed irritated by how they had described Cedric. It was probably because Angelina called him handsome, and we all knew how George felt about her.

"He's only silent because he's too dumb to string two words together," George said impatiently. "I don't know why you're worried, Oliver. Hufflepuff is easy to beat."

It was true. The last time we played Hufflepuff, Harry caught the snitch within five minutes, and in those few minutes, Alicia, Angelina and I had all scored a bunch of times.

"Do you all understand that we're playing in completely different conditions? Look at the weather," Wood yelled, and motioned towards the dark clouds in the sky. "I was afraid you would take it like this. We have to train harder than ever, and no joking around." He shot a glance at Fred and George.

Well, this was gonna be a fun week.

**********

"I kinda hate everything," I groaned.

We were in Defense Against The Dark Arts, and Lupin still hadn't showed up for class. Harry wasn't here either, meaning the seat next to me was empty, but I assumed that Wood was probably following him around like a crazy person, telling him what to do in our Quidditch game tomorrow. The weather had gotten worse and worse, and it was all stormy, cold, and rainy outside. Fun, right? I just absolutely couldn't wait to die in the game tomorrow, because that was what was gonna happen, it was gonna be the best time of my life.

Note the sarcasm.

"I'm bored!" Olivia complained from her table that she shared with Ava, which was right in front of me.

Olivia proceeded to make a paper airplane, enchant it, and then sent it flying across the room at Ron's head.

"What the bloody hell, Olivia?" Ron shouted, and then chucked the paper airplane towards me.

"Why me? I did nothing!" I laughed, and then threw the airplane towards Hermione.

"Miss Potter, I doubt that what you're doing is necessary," a cold, empty voice drawled from the doorway.