Chapter 30

Harry and I walked out of the locker room together, broomsticks in hand. We were heading towards the castle after the Quidditch match.

"I still can't believe we won," Harry went on, smiling like an idiot.

"Well, believe it, bub. We did, and we're gonna win a bunch more," I replied happily.

"Hopefu- what's Snape doing?"

I snapped my head in the direction Harry was looking in. I saw Snape in a dark cloak, hurrying off towards the Forbidden Forest.

"That greasy git! He probably went because nobody was watching, they're all at dinner! Probably something to do with the stone..." I hissed, staring after Snape, even though he was already long gone into the forest. He was just the type of person that looked suspicious, no matter what.

"There's only one way to find out what he's doing..." Harry said, getting on his broom.

I grinned, hopping on my broom also. We took off, flying over the castle. I glanced over the Forbidden Forest, checking for Snape.

"He's running!" I exclaimed, pointing at Snape.

Harry and I glided quickly over to the forest. The trees were blocking our view, so we went lower and lower until we could hear voices. I landed on a branch, dismounting and beckoning Harry to come near me. We walked across the branches of the tree carefully, until we both could see.

"Do- don't know wh- why you would wa- want to meet he- here of all pla- places, Severus, I mean..." Professor Quirrell stuttered.

I looked at Harry in disbelief.

"I thought we would keep this quiet, Quirrell, students are not to know about the Sorcerers Stone, after all..." Snape hissed.

I almost fell out of the tree.

"Have you found out how to get past the beast yet?"  Snape said.

This time I actually did slip off the branch. It felt like my heart had fallen into straight down into my stomach. Harry quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me back up. Snape and Quirrell both snapped their heads towards the rustling noise I had made. After a few seconds, they turned back around, most likely assuming that it was just the wind.

"Answer me!" Snape snapped.

Quirrell jumped.

"But- but- Severus, I- I-"

"No buts!" Snape stepped towards him a bit. It took me all of my willpower not to laugh at his sentence, because I was just immature like that. "You don't want me as your enemy."

"I- I don't know what you me- mean!" Quirrell stammered.

"You know perfectly well what I mean," Snape snapped.

"I d-don't!"

"Very well. Looks like we'll have to have another one of our little meetings sometime soon. Goodbye, Quirrell," Snape threw his cloak over his head, and walked right out of the forest.

That left not only Quirrell, but also Harry and I standing there, frozen.

**********

"Harry! Lily! Where have you been?" Olivia shouted, pushing Harry and I further in the common room.

"LILYYY!" Ava shouted, flying down the stairs and tackling me in a hug.

"Gee, thanks," Harry said sarcastically.

Ava half hugged Harry quickly, turning back to me. I could of sworn I saw Harry blush a little. I looked between them suspiciously, but brushed it off.

"I saw you a few hours ago!" I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"But Olivia and Hermione and Ron were all driving me nuts! Ron keeps talking about how he beat Malfoy up, Hermione's constantly reading, and, well, Olivia's being Olivia," Ava scowled.

Olivia flipped her hair.

"Anyways, you won't believe what Lillian and I just found!" Harry said.

"A lot of ice cream?" Ava suggested hopefully.

"Better. C'mon, we'll tell you everything in an empty room, there's too many people here." Harry lead Ron, Hermione, Olivia, Ava and I out of the common room.

We found an empty classroom, and Harry and I told our friends everything about Snape and Quirrell and the Sorcerers Stone.

"So, the stone will be gone by next Tuesday?" Ron asked.

"Yep," I nodded.

"And there's nothing we can do about it?" Hermione said.

"Nothing? There's loads we can do! I would list them, but you might just have a heart attack, Hermione," Olivia snorted.

"It'll be fine as long as Quirrell keeps standing up to Snape," Harry assured everybody.

Though deep down inside me, I knew he wasn't too sure. Neither was I.

**********

"Hey Lily?" Ava called from inside the bathroom. I hopped off my bed, walking into the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I asked. Ava was brushing her hair in the mirror. Olivia and Hermione had already gone to bed, but Ava and I were kind of night owls.

"I was just wondering, what do you think would happen if Snape did get the Stone? What would be so bad?"

I sighed, leaning on the counter.

"Bad things. I mean, if Snape had eternal life, imagine the things he would be able to plot. He could be the next Voldemort, who knows? It just wouldn't be a good thing."

We both exchanged a glance, not knowing what the future could hold.