Chapter 4

The next morning, my eyes shot open at five A.M, as if Olivia had just smacked me in the head with a pillow, our wake-up call at Hogwarts. But nobody had even woken me up, and it took me a moment to remember what day it was and why my body had woken me up so abruptly.

It was the day of my hearing. A sense of dread washed over me, and for a moment I laid in the darkness of Fred and George's bedroom without moving. Fred was still fast asleep, with his arms wrapped securely around me.

He looked so peaceful sleeping, but oh well. Not for much longer.

"Fred," I whispered, shaking his arm gently. He stirred, and his arms tightened around my body. "Freddie!"

"Hmm?" he murmured, his eyes still closed.

"Today's the day we find out if I'm getting chucked out of school or not," I whispered, and another wave of anxiety hit me.

"If you do, we'll run away together," he said sleepily. "With George."

"Not helping," I whispered, rolling my eyes. "Can you bring me to my room?"

"Okay," he said. One thing I'd always known about Fred was that he was not a morning person.

He rolled off of the bed dramatically, and then grabbed my hand before turning on the spot. Apparating after you just woke up was a horrible feeling, but since I did it every morning, I was pretty used to it.

We appeared in Hermione, Ginny and I's bedroom with a crack, and Hermione bolted up out of her sleep in alarm.

"Relax, Hermione, this is a dream," I whispered. "This is all in your head. A dreammmmm."

She stared at Fred and I in confusion for a moment, then fell back onto her pillow again.

"Nice one," Fred snickered quietly. "I'll wait for you in the hall, alright? I'm not supposed to be awake, remember?"

"Right," I whispered.

Fred went out into the hall quietly, and I quickly went into the bathroom that connected this room with Ava's and Olivia's to wash my face and brush my teeth. I then changed into the simple dark grey dress that Mrs. Weasley had left out for me, brushed my hair, and I was done.

I opened the bedroom door as quietly as possible, and slipped into the dark hall. I could just barely make out Fred's outline through the darkness.

"You nervous?" he whispered.

"Me? Nervous? Of course not," I lied.

"Good. Remember, they have no reason to expel you. You did nothing wrong," he said.

I simply nodded, because I had a feeling that this wasn't going to be a very fair hearing. He pulled me into his chest, and then kissed my cheek.

"Good luck," he whispered, before turning on the spot and Apparating back to his room.

I quietly walked down the multiple flights of stairs, and pushed the kitchen door open. Tonks, Sirius, Lupin, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Angela, and Harry were all sitting at the table.

"Morning, Lily," Tonks said tiredly.

"What do you want for breakfast, dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked at once, leading me over to the chair beside Harry. "Bacon and eggs? Toast? Pancakes? Porridge?"

Was nothing an option? When I was nervous, I couldn't eat. It had always been like that.

"Just toast," I replied. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley."

She hurried off to go make the toast, and Tonks turned to me. Her hair was curly and blonde today.

"How do you feel?"