Chapter 11

It seemed that my third year at Hogwarts was going by extremely fast. Before I knew it, Christmas time was approaching, and snow was falling down from the sky. Despite how freezing and snowy it was outside, Wood was working the Quidditch team harder than ever. Even though we had lost our last match, we still had a chance of winning the Quidditch Cup.

The dementors hadn't made any more appearances on school grounds, which I was really grateful for.

There was around two weeks before the term ended for the Christmas holidays, and Ron and Hermione decided to stay at Hogwarts over the break. They each had excuses, but Harry and I knew they just didn't want us to be lonely. Ava and Olivia both were forced to go back home for the holidays, just because the Malfoy family knew they didn't want to.

Today happened to be the last Hogsmeade trip before the term ended. Of course, all of Harry and I's friends were going, and we couldn't.

"Stupid Uncle Vernon," I muttered angrily, as Harry and I walked up to the Gryffindor common room. "We should have just forged his signature."

All of our friends had just left, and I was pretty upset that I couldn't go.

"Probably wouldn't have worked," Harry sighed. "I'll bet they have some spell that can detect that."

I was just about to call Vernon a bunch of not very nice names, when I heard a strange noise coming from behind some weird witch statue.

"Psst! Harry, Lily!"

Fred and George peeked their heads out from behind the statue, nodding their heads towards an empty classroom to the left of the statue. I exchanged a glance with Harry, and we both made our way into the classroom.

I hugged Fred, a grin quickly spreading across my face.

"Enough of expressing your love for each other, we need to give them their early Christmas present," George said, causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Right," Fred said, pulling out a square shaped piece of parchment from his cloak. "Early Christmas present for you two."

"What's that supposed to be?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"This, Harry, is the secret of our success," George began, grinning. I raised my eyebrows, intrigued.

"It was a wrench, giving it to you, but we decided last night-" Fred continued.

"-that your need is greater than ours," George finished. "We memorized the whole thing, anyways."

A pair of twins helping out another pair of twins.

"So, what do we need with this crusty old piece of parchment again, may I ask?" I laughed.

Fred grimaced, as if I had just deeply offended him, but handed me the map, locking eyes with me. "Explain, Georgie."

"Well, when we were in our first year, young, care-free, and innocent," George said, resulting in a snort from Harry. I could tell that Harry was also doubting whether the twins had ever been innocent.

"-well, more innocent than we are now," Fred smirked, winking at me.

I looked away, a smug smile on my face, because I knew what Fred was thinking. Good thing Harry didn't notice.

"We got in a spot of bother with Filch," George said.

"-we let off a Dungbomb in the corridor and it upset him for some reason-" Fred said.

"So he hauled us off to his office and started threatening us with the usual-" George continued.

"Detention-"