Chapter 17

Professor McGonagall stood there, hands on hips, a stern look on her face.

"Malfoy! He took her! He kept her in a bloody broom closet!" Harry exclaimed. I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Miss Potter, are you alright?" McGonagall asked in concern. "Should we send you to see Madam Pomfrey?"

"No, professor, I'm not hurt," I said. "Just a bit shaken up... and confused on why this even happened."

"And how, exactly, did this come to occur?" McGonagall questioned, still looking a bit anxious.

We all looked at each other nervously. How were we gonna get out of this one? Hermione looked as if she were thinking deeply, Ava stood there just looking like 'what the heck are we gonna do?' Olivia stared off into space, Harry stood there panting and looking angry, and Ron looked shocked.

"We don't know, Professor," Hermione finally whispered.

"Mr. Malfoy?" McGonagall looked at him, shame deep in her eyes.

"I, I can't remember," Malfoy mumbled, looking more confused than ever. "I- I wanted to get back at Potter. For making the Quidditch team."

I could tell it was a total lie. He couldn't remember, and didn't want to sound crazy.

"Well, that was silliest thing I've ever heard! Come on now, to the Headmasters office! Hurry up now! I don't have all day, Malfoy!" McGonagall barked. She looked extremely angry, and confused. "You'll be lucky if you aren't suspended, let alone expelled."

As soon as they were out of sight, Harry looked at me.

"We need to go to the Gyriffindor common room. Now. We have to explain the whole trap door situation," Harry said frantically.

"Calm down, Harry. There's nothing to worry about anymore," I tried to say soothingly.

Ron, Olivia, Hermione, Ava, and Harry all looked at each other.

"That's what we have to explain," Olivia whispered.

**********

"Let me get this straight," I said. "You brought me up here to tell me something I already knew. There's something under the dog. And something that helps only a tad bit, that it has something to do with somebody named Nicholas Flammel, but you don't know who he is or what he's done. And you're also accusing Snape of having something to do with it. No shit, Sherlock!" I rolled my eyes.

"Lily!" Hermione scolded. "Language.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed. "I've missed you guys."

I smiled sadly, glancing around at my friends. I felt extremely grateful to call Hogwarts my home at that very moment.

"All of us have missed you too. Especially me," Harry said.

**********

"Accio momentum!" Ava said clearly to the Fat Lady.

The Fat Lady jumped awake, and gasped.

"Dear lord, child! I was asleep, you nearly gave me a heart attack! There's actually students left in the castle? Wow. You're the only Gryffindors. Go in, go in!"

"Bla bla bla!" I mocked, once the portrait door had swung shut.

Ava snickered.

"OOOH! CHAIRS BY THE FIRE!" I squealed, running towards one.

I could feel Harry rolling his eyes. Weird twin telepathy! Even though our mind connection got cut off, which kind of sucked, we still did normal twin stuff. Talking at the same time, and kind of feeling each others emotions like magical twins could.

It would have been really helpful to have that mind connection when I was stuck in a bloody broom closet!

Ava sat across from me, Ron sat in a chair next to me, Olivia sat on a red bean bag chair, and having nowhere else to go, Harry squeezed into the little space that was left on my chair.

"I have an amazing idea," Ava smirked. "Accio marshmallows!"

"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled. "How did you learn to do that?"

The marshmallows had come zooming in from the dormitories. I couldn't even comprehend how Ava knew how to do that already.

"Aren't those the ones you smuggled from Malfoy Manor?" Olivia laughed.

"Maybe," Ava said. "I've been practicing this summoning spell that I read about in a Charms book."

We spent a couple hours stuffing ourselves with marshmallows, and talking about ways we could possibly expel Malfoy, even if they would never work.

"We could make him angry and make him beat up Ron!" Olivia suggested.

"No, even better. We could pour melted marshmallows in his eyes and watch him crash into everything and mess it up!" Ava suggested, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

We all looked at Ava like she had three heads.

"You're such a super psycho," I said.

"Right back at you, Lily."